PDA

View Full Version : Hardscape Trailer

cgland
03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Marcus and others - Here are some pics of our hardscaping trailer and the inner-workings there of. We just finished re-arranging it yeasterday, so here they are.

Chris

GreenMonster
03-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Nice, CG. I need something like that. My hardscape trailer is all my sh!t either in the back of the dump, or on the open trailer. it sux big time.

How big is the trailer?

BTW, VERY nice graphics on the trailer.

Squizzy246B
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Now I'm afraid to post pics of our trailer. Nice one Chris but where does the skid go?:rolleyes:

cgland
03-17-2006, 04:54 PM
The trailer is a 14' single axle:hammerhead: (mistake) We are getting ready to order a 8x20' enclosed to compliment this one. I highly reccommend a trailer for both storage at the jobsite, plus it's a huge rolling billboard.
Squiz - We have a separate trailer for the skidder!:laugh: Let's see your pics Mate!

Chris

Ollie3
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Nice trailer. I'd like to have one too. I'm green with envy.

Ollie

Squizzy246B
03-17-2006, 05:00 PM
The trailer is a 14' single axle:hammerhead: (mistake) We are getting ready to order a 8x20' enclosed to compliment this one. I highly reccommend a trailer for both storage at the jobsite, plus it's a huge rolling billboard.
Squiz - We have a separate trailer for the skidder!:laugh: Let's see your pics Mate!

Chris

You are right of course with the enclosed. Our trailer is a bit like GM's I think and its open. This is mainly because we often put blocks and pallets of cement in the trailer, as well as the 3.5 cu/ft mixer and various other things that we lift on/off with the excavator. I've been planning on getting a 4 tonne Isuzu and haven't really given too much thought to an enclosed trailer. Our open trailer could then become the GP trailer...Hmmm more crap, just what I need.

Nice artwork on the side.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-17-2006, 05:21 PM
THAT IS A SWEET TRAILER I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ALL MY CRAP IN 1 PLACE
AS of now its all in totes and what a pain to move all the time

mrusk
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm going to start building shevles, racks and a work bench in my 18 footer this weekend. I will post pics when i am done.

kris
03-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks Chris ...Like I said earlier we just got two 12 x 6 ...I gave the guys the option of a bigger size and they picked this one... we'll see how they work out.

They havn't started customizing yet so ill show them your pics ... maybe they will pick up an idea or 2.

Jamesgateslandscaping
03-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Im hoping to take my 7x16ft Enclosed and make it my hardscape/construction trailer and wrap it with Cambridge Pavers Wrap that they offered me:dizzy: ....I cant wait to set up that rolling billboard:hammerhead: , Gonna replace it (currently the mowing trailer) with a 8x22ft for the mowing because 16ft will be tight this year;) , but it also depends on how much work we do this year....Im not to worried though:dizzy: .
James

YardPro
03-18-2006, 06:36 AM
sweet setup.

so you use osi glue for your top caps, etc???

RockSet N' Grade
03-18-2006, 09:00 AM
The graphics are sweet! I didn't notice the coffee maker or refrigerator that really wants to be hooked up to that generator?

I put graphics on the back of my track hoe so when I'm pulling down the road everyone that passes me ( and that's most of the world) at least gets to see who they are passing.....

When the season starts, the graphics generate a ton of business......

cgland
03-18-2006, 09:24 AM
sweet setup.

so you use osi glue for your top caps, etc???

No, actually that is a case of drywall glue:confused: I did some drywalling over the winter and I had a case left over, so the guys saw it in the shop and put it in the trailer.:hammerhead: So, here's what's going to happen..........we get to our first wall job and we install the caps w/ drywall glue, because "I" forgot to take it out!:cry:
P.S. Thanks for all the compliments.

Chris

mrusk
03-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm guessing you keep the screed poles in the white pipes?

cgland
03-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, we have 2 sets of 10', 2 sets of 6' and 2 sets of 3'

Chris

Drafto
03-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, we have 2 sets of 10', 2 sets of 6' and 2 sets of 3'

Chris

Chris,

It looks great, finally someone posted some useful pics :) !

Some questions:

What is the small diameter PVC for?
Is that the only compactor you own/use what is it (make and model)?
What is under the shelf on the right? Under the gas cans and stuff.
Where do you put your wheel barrows?
What do you use as screed boards?
Did you up thicker plywood on the walls or is that what the tailer came with?
Is that a Pavetech base rake? If not, where can you get one of what you have?

We have a 7x16, I studded the walls to make attaching brackets and what not a little easier. All of our tools, shovels, rakes, brooms etc... are currently all in the same corner with 1 strap around them. I really like the way you have yours attached to the wall, I need to do that. I just added a ton of tools to my artillery and I need to organize them badly. Maybe the expected rain this week will give us a day to do it. I am printing your pics off right now!

Dan

kris
03-19-2006, 08:40 AM
I am printing your pics off right now!

Yes Chris has just become famous ...trailer pics hanging on shop walls around the world!:clapping: :canadaflag:

cgland
03-19-2006, 02:09 PM
I would like to take this time to thank all of the little people that made this award possible.........LOL

Dan - PM me and I will give you all the answers you need.

Chris

MarcusLndscp
03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the quick response with the pics Chris! :clapping: I hope to get mine soon. A couple things I'm thinking of is hooking up a water tank in the front....there are so many jobs we do where we have no water to mix mortar. It will most likely have a 2" hook up to fill it and from there just rely on gravity to get it out of the tank into 5 gallon buckets. Another thing I want is opening doors on the back rather than a ramp. I want to built a "desk" of sorts that will fold down from one of the doors when they are open. This way I can have a clean dry place to spread out plans in the field and evaluate them or to create "As builts" in the field. Any equipment that we will load into it will be done so with a set of ramps. All it may ever haul for equipment is a dingo, small stump grinder, puller, etc. Nothing heavy at all. I'll let you know how it comes out.
Kris if you get a chance, mind if we get a peak at your setup???

Take care all

kris
03-19-2006, 08:48 PM
What set up do you want to see... the shop?

The two trailers are brand new and the guys have been busy building truck boxs etc...but sure ill post some pics.

Marcus..here is one thread we were talking about crew cages.....http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=27433&highlight=shop

Drafto
03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
I would like to take this time to thank all of the little people that made this award possible.........LOL

Dan - PM me and I will give you all the answers you need.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the inspiration! I went to Home Depot today and bought some organizational assisting products and I will be installing them tonight after American Idol. I will post some before and after pictures when I am done. The trailer is heading in for lettering this week and I want the inside to be show quality too.

Dan

P.S. Yes.....you read that correct, I said American Idol.

Henry
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Some good ideas there, thanks Chris. We bought a trailer last year in the middle of the season but didn't have much time to set it up. I put a shelf up front and e-tracks on the walls for shovels and rakes but I like the idea of hanging rakes horizontally. Do you have iron screed pipes inside that pvc on the wall?

cgland
03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Henry - Yes, we have a bunch of galvanized screed rails in them in several different sizes. we also just bought some aluminum screed rails that are light as heck and are incredible rigid.

Chris

Crystal Brook Landscape
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Do any of you use an enclosed trailer to haul your skidsteers?
Thanks,
Paul

kris
03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
We don't but i know of one guy around here that does.

mrusk
03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
My trailer is coming along. Hopefully i'll have some time in the morning to work on it more. I think it is going to make my life much easier having everything i could possible need at the job site at all times.

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
We have 2 cube vans that we have all of our landscape tools in. Here are some pictures of the first one. Box size is 14' long.

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Another view..........

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:48 PM
3rd....................

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
4th.................

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Here is the new van that we got a couple months ago. 12' Box on this one. But has a nice ramp that can be pulled out to use. Still need to get more tools to fill the van.

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:52 PM
2nd...........................

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:53 PM
3rd...................

jreiff
03-23-2006, 08:55 PM
4th and 5th pictures.....

Crystal Brook Landscape
03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Jreiff,
Where are you located?? How well do those cubies pull trailers? Our shop is in Elko, just south of Lakeville.

jreiff
03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
We are out of St. Cloud. They can pull a trailer with a 863 bobcat, but is not the best. Usually don't pull a trailer with it unless we have to. But it can be done. We usually just drive it to the site without anything.

How is business looking for this spring? Getting alot of calls or leads???

Crystal Brook Landscape
03-24-2006, 07:49 AM
This spring looks ok so far, better than last year at this time. We sub for a couple of design firms in town and they seem to think this season should be great.

Drafto
03-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Alright, the inside is not done yet but here is the outside:

Drafto
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Alright, the inside is not done yet but here is the outside:

Lets try this again:

cgland
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Nice Dan! Is that your work in the photo? How about some from the side?

Chris

kris
03-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Really Sharp!

ynvvbr
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Danny BOY!!!!!!

Looks good man!!!

Mike

Drafto
03-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Not my work, I got permission from the paver manufacturer to use the photo. I don't think I have any photos of my work that are considered "good photographs". I almost used one I have of a really nice driveway we did but the day we snapped the pic it was overcast and we couldn't get it bright enough without it looking cheesey. I will take some pics today in the light and post them.

Dan

cgland
03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Not my work, I got permission from the paver manufacturer to use the photo.
Dan
Big pet peeve of mine Dan! Can be very misleading to a customer. Not saying your work isn't comparable, but IMO if you don't have good pics to do something like that either take more or leave it untill you do. I like your logo though!

Chris

Drafto
03-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Big pet peeve of mine Dan! Can be very misleading to a customer. Not saying your work isn't comparable, but IMO if you don't have good pics to do something like that either take more or leave it untill you do. I like your logo though!

Chris

I have no arguement, I totally agree with you. Freely bust my balls about it until I have my own on there.

Dan

mbella
03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I have no arguement, I totally agree with you. Freely bust my balls about it until I have my own on there.

Dan

Fake it till you make it Dan.

I like the trailer. It is misleading though. One might actually think you know what you're doing after looking at that photo.:)

Drafto
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Fake it till you make it Dan.

I like the trailer. It is misleading though. One might actually think you know what you're doing after looking at that photo.:)

Thanks Mike.

I should have put a picture of my cell phone, with your number, Chris, and Kirks, #1,2 & 3 on speed dial........hmmm.....if I could only put Bill Schwabb's at #4 :rolleyes:

Dan

ynvvbr
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
LOL Dan,

Hey knowing you I know for a fact that your pcitures will be there in no time at all!!!

Everything comes in time!!

Mike

Drafto
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
LOL Dan,

Hey knowing you I know for a fact that your pcitures will be there in no time at all!!!

Everything comes in time!!

Mike

Thanks Mike. I read in one of your posts that you were visiting "in-laws"? You are married? How the "F" do you have time to have going on what you do and be married too? If you tell me you have kids I will fall off my chair!

The only reason I call your cell phone on Saturday mornings at 9am is b/c I am jealous you were doing something really cool the night before and I want you wake up. Now that I know you are married, I will wait until Monday to call :)

Dan

ynvvbr
03-28-2006, 11:56 PM
LOL,

Its called balance, I learned that abt 2 years ago, you need to balance personal and work, it makes you a little easier to live with , IMO.. As for Saturday mornings that was the first one in 2 years I slept past 5 am and you called, she was like who the heck was that?? lol

Wanna know what I did that Saturday morniings, we went racing go karts!!!

Anyways give me a shout this week to catch up.

Later Gator!!

zedosix
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
I may of missed the post, but what kind of trailer is that Drafto? How long also. I am thinking of trading my 14 foot for an 18' with ramp doors. Going to look this morning. Thanks.

zed

Drafto
03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
I may of missed the post, but what kind of trailer is that Drafto? How long also. I am thinking of trading my 14 foot for an 18' with ramp doors. Going to look this morning. Thanks.

zed

It is a 7'x16' Haulmark. Many are fans of the 8' wide though.

Dan