PDA

View Full Version : ?????

Trim Creations
03-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I Have been in the landscaping field for a couple of years,prior to the athletic fields.I have been in it for 2 yrs , I yet to find and easy and cost effective way to keep and get ride of the lip between the skimed feild and the grass.I have 9 ball fields 7 soccer and 1football, collage,highscool,and rec play theses fields so vary busy... Any thing would help Thanks TRIM

ProEagle
03-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Try edging it first. then every day you go out and groom the infield use a simple landscape rake and rake the from grass into the infield all the way around then go back and pick up the debris. That should reduce it. Also when grooming try to stay about 12" away from the grass because some infield material can fly when making a turn and that how it build up. Then after grooming go out with a hand rake and rake those 12" and the lip out.

Trim Creations
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Have you ever heard or tried a high pressure water hose, It sounds to be messy, These lips have been there prior to my start date and are about 6 to 8 inches of drop from skimmed to grass. so it needs a total renovation. Thanks For your help.ProEagle

Rtom45
03-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Try a sod cutter to remove the sod, then remove as much dirt as you need to get to the correct elavation and relay the sod. This will have to be done during the off season. The other possibility is to just strip everything along the skinned areas and reseed it, another off season job.

ProEagle
03-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Have you ever heard or tried a high pressure water hose, It sounds to be messy, These lips have been there prior to my start date and are about 6 to 8 inches of drop from skimmed to grass. so it needs a total renovation. Thanks For your help.ProEagle

I have used the water hose but you still have to edge it first. The use of the water hose is not to decrease it but once it's edged it's to keep debris from piling up.

Trim Creations
03-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks, For every bodys input