PDA

View Full Version : Tracks for bobcat s185

Z_SCAPES
03-18-2006, 02:43 AM
bought a bobcat s 185 last year. was wandering if anyone has experience with the diffferent tracks steel and rubber. I work pretty much 50 50 on pavements and soil all day. so would i be better off with rubber since they are not as hard on asphalt. we have a small steel track excavator and it will rip apart asphalt if you turn on it but it can climb steep grades and maneuver great and never gets stuck actually used it to tow out the other machine one time. as any one knows wheeled machines just can be the effecient when the soil is saturated. any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks Z_scapes

Scag48
03-18-2006, 02:48 AM
If you work on pavement half the time, don't get steel tracks. You'll spend more time spreading plywood trying to keep your paved surfaces from getting gouged up. Someone on here has rubber tracks for their skid and has had good luck with them, can't remember who.

Tigerotor77W
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
McLaren Industries makes some pretty heavy-duty rubber tracks. ksss likes Loegering, and there are few people on other boards who have had good luck with the VTS system (though expensive).

I think that the VTS is a good call for the S185 -- that machine could probably make a lot of the VTS.