PDA

View Full Version : Interested in going to seminars in the NorthWest

Dirty Water
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey,

There is currently no dedicated hardscaping company in my area, and a lot of landscapers that build crappy wavy 2'-3' walls out of home depot stone. However we are experiencing a building boom, and many new houses are being built into hillsides were walls are going to be needed, currently the trend is having the contractor stack overpours (those 4000 lb concrete blocks) as the retaining walls.

Cheap, but I know the demand for SRW walls is here if there was a suitable contractor.

I'd like to go to a few seminars to see if its something I'd be interested in getting into, but I haven't found anything in the northwest.

Would you all reccomend me traveling to CA etc to do a manufacturers seminar, or would that be a collosal waste of money?

Dirty Water
03-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I should mention that I spent time in the concrete industry before going green and I know how to work a laser level and build a concrete retaining wall, so I figure I can figure out SRW walls without too much trouble.

kris
03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Isn't LS good enough for ya lol

manufacturer seminars are ok ... I like traveling when business and pleasure are both involved. California sounds ok to me right about now.

Dirty Water
03-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm really interested in Versalock, but they don't have any dealers in my state...or any neighboring states :(

Dirty Water
03-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Nobody has any other opinions?