PDA

View Full Version : Lebanon Fertilizers

Turf Manager
03-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Anybody using Lebanon fertilizers? I have been using Lesco but Lebanon offers a different method called MESA. They promote rapid green up for spring applications.

J Hisch
03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes, we use them. I am very pleased with the products.

quiet
03-18-2006, 06:47 PM
MESA is an excellent product. A far better alternative than SCU. Beautiful turf color and density.

But I hope you're in a better service area for them than I am. I've found Lebanon hard to work with, and so has one of their distributors in this area. I was told their regional blender of MESA has stopped producing it altogether. I've given up on them here. Too bad. Excellent product.

Turf Manager
03-18-2006, 07:40 PM
I am having the same problem finding a supplier. They sent me to Winchester Va. only to find they don't really handle their fert. Waiting now to hear from my area rep. from Lebanon. Sure would like to try their products. We have so many new developments in my area. The soil is being moved around so much the nutrient are way out of wack. So of my soil test show 3-5 of N needed.

lawn king
03-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Lebanon was the cream of the crop in the 1970's and we used them from 1977-1982. It seemed that as the technology for combination products advanced, their product declined. The last bag i saw of their fert/pre m was more dust than product. We ultimately ended up buying product from companys in CT & NH, both have since been bought out by lesco.

dkeisala
03-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I get my chemicals from Simplot Partners. A couple of years ago they started blending with MESA but abruptly stopped. It provided rapid green up but didn't provide longevity in our climate. Now they blend using a SCU and a polyon process.

Clevelandturfgrass
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
What part of WV are you located in? I am a Sales Rep. for Turfgrass, Inc. in Cleveland, OH and we get down to Steubenville and Marietta areas. We sell the complete line of Lebanon Fertilizers. Let me know where you are.

Turf Manager
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I live in the eastern panhandle of WV. I don't think you come this far. The eastern panhandle is the 56th fastest growing area in the country acording to the lastest satitics just released.

Rtom45
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
We have been using Lebanon MESA fertilizers the last couple years and are very satisfied with them. Our supplier is Krigger Company from Gibsonia, PA (Pittsburgh area).

ThreeWide
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Fundamentally I like the MESA product they have.

There were two drawbacks to using it. It tends to be more dusty than other products I use. Secondly, MESA breaks down into Ammonium Sulfate which lowers the pH in the soil. In my area, our soils are acidic by nature. Therefore repeated use of MESA only makes the problem worse and increases the need for lime.

I will probably use it in a couple of situations this year, but certainly not as a default product.

Mscotrid
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Fundamentally I like the MESA product they have.

There were two drawbacks to using it. It tends to be more dusty than other products I use. Secondly, MESA breaks down into Ammonium Sulfate which lowers the pH in the soil. In my area, our soils are acidic by nature. Therefore repeated use of MESA only makes the problem worse and increases the need for lime.

I will probably use it in a couple of situations this year, but certainly not as a default product.
That is what MESA is Methyl Urea very slow insoluble nitro and Amonia Sulfate fast release no longevity. On a residential program you will see a quick response but some of the urea might be a multi year release. That is an abbreviated answer and not going to guarantee the spelling...

ThreeWide
03-22-2006, 11:07 AM
That is what MESA is Methyl Urea very slow insoluble nitro and Amonia Sulfate fast release no longevity. On a residential program you will see a quick response but some of the urea might be a multi year release. That is an abbreviated answer and not going to guarantee the spelling...

You may have MU confused with UF (Ureaformaldelhyde aka Nitroform). MU has a shorter chain breakdown than UF. UF can sometimes take years to release.

TLM
03-25-2006, 11:18 PM
They are the only brand we use now. You talk about a green lawn!!!!
And the fert with confront is badass!!!

MWHC
03-26-2006, 02:41 PM
We applied the fert w/confront one year. I don't think it killed a single weed. It was garbage imho. Not worth the money. We now spray everything, get total control of our blends.