PDA

View Full Version : after market engine tuning?

steelcity
03-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone! i was reading an ad in a local newspaper claiming if i did this computer tuning to my truck it would increase power and mileage 10% - 30%. I am wondering if any of you have done this and what were your results? I am thinking not so much on the power side(although every bone in my body wants this) but the way gas prices have been to save even 10% would help me out over a season. My truck is an 01 silverado 2500hd.

PTP
03-18-2006, 09:30 PM
My dad has an aftermarket computer chip in his 2500 HD and is really pleased with it. He is always taking off with a lead foot and passing people just to feel the power. Actually, it is pretty impressive. I haven't been in the truck without the chip though so I can't compare. All I know is that he is still excited about it.

tnmtn
03-18-2006, 10:05 PM
i changed out the exhaust and intake on my truck before reprogramming it. letting it breath better made a bigger diffrence than the chip. the program was just the icing on the cake.

Dirty Water
03-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Those chips can increase power, or increase milage. But you will find you have to pick either one or the other.

ALarsh
03-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Head over to gm-trucks.com and search wait4me, westers or hypertec. Tons of information over there on tuners. I plan to get the wat4me tune pretty soon...