PDA

View Full Version : Grapple Bucket Question

thepawnshop
03-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Do they make an aftermarket piece that keeps your hydraulic hoses out of the way? We are clearing a lot and have cut three different hoses in two days. I have it rigged now with "bungee cords" and zip ties but I was curious whether or not there was a good aftermarket solution on the market.

ksss
03-18-2006, 09:28 PM
FFC used to offer a hyd. hose mount that was flexible and kept things out of the way. I don't know if it is still available.

janb
03-19-2006, 04:21 AM
I am usually able to put a couple twists in my hoses before connecting; to tension them to stay out of the way, a 'handy-dandy' flexible rod / spring and hose eyelet would work nicely (similar to whip between tractor and trailer on semi air hoses, prior to curly (coil) hoses) but I can see myself 'harpooned' :dizzy: when I jump out of cab in a hurry (use a blunt whip...):hammerhead:

RockSet N' Grade
03-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Call the guys at skidsteersolutions.com, or go to their website and check their stuff out for design....I think these guys are on top of this kinda issue....

TXTom
03-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Doug,

I was looking for the exact same thing several months ago while demoing a house. I couldn't find anything and ended up with Bungees like you. Let me know if you find something.

Thanks,
Tom

thepawnshop
03-19-2006, 07:36 PM
The Bungees do work well...havent busted a hose since! Man I really need to steam clean my 322...it is covered with hydraulic fluid !

Scag48
03-21-2006, 02:06 AM
AH! Hydraulic fluid! I know how you feel, the couplers that came with our Harley didnt' quite match up with the ones on the machine so they would leak really bad. Made a huge mess of the machine.