PDA

View Full Version : Maaco painting for your truck fleet?

bigjeeping
03-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever used Maaco for getting a truck painted to match their fleet?

I just need the cab painted on my dump and I'm wondering if their "premier" painting services would cut it. (sanding, 2 coats, bake it on)

I've heard a lot of Maaco horror stories but I'm assuming they've been from people who got the lowest basic package for like $200. I mean WHAT DO YOU EXPECT for $200!

Any thoughts?

Envy Lawn Service
03-19-2006, 02:13 AM
I dunno.... I took one of my trucks to them once for an estimate and got a quote that basically was the same as a known quality privately owned auto body and paint business. So like I said, I dunno....

Seems to me that what you need done should be relatively cheap anywhere.

MLI
03-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Ive had 2 trucks done by them with pretty good results. You cant beat the cost. The way I loooked at it......its a work truck that will get dinged, hit with debri from the road...etc. For the cost of the Macco paint job, you can get it repainted twice for the price of some shops. I persoanlly havent seen ANY body shop do a flawless re-paint, so do a little research, and weigh the price vs. the acceptability of the work. No matter who you choose...I guarantee youll mark up the paint in a short time.:)

MLI
03-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Ive had 2 trucks done by them with pretty good results. You cant beat the cost. The way I loooked at it......its a work truck that will get dinged, hit with debri from the road...etc. For the cost of the Macco paint job, you can get it repainted twice for the price of some shops. I persoanlly havent seen ANY body shop do a flawless re-paint, so do a little research, and weigh the price vs. the acceptability of the work. No matter who you choose...I guarantee youll mark up the paint in a short time.:)

Jpocket
03-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Maaco does a good job esp. for something that doesn't need to be perfect.

Personally we paint our own truck with Rustoleum White, so it no biggie. We've had a truck done there, but it was the presidential pakage with a clear coat. they did a great job, the paint lasted longer than "our" body work. The truck was done about 7 years ago, I traded it on my 2005 lasyt year and the paint looked great, the body work was starting to bubble though.

willretire@40
03-19-2006, 10:09 AM
my father's company has been using macco for the last 20 years get their work trucks painted yellow and they have done a good job but be careful with that $200 one b.c once he got that and it started peeling around the window corners but it took a few years. But the paint coating was great. I would sand the little corners around the truck before taking it to them just in case they miss it b.c you know they are going to get the big areas for sure.

bigjeeping
03-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Im going to go with the presidential or signature package! yippe!

Dirty Water
03-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Maaco did one of our fleet trucks. It wasn't the cheap package either.

It looked good for 2 years, and now its peeling off everywhere.

Buyer beware.

Randy Scott
03-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Maaco is the Tru-Green of body shops. Plain and simple.

lowdakboy98
03-19-2006, 05:47 PM
bigjeepin, let me know when you get a price because I want to get my dump truck cab painted too. Thanks

bigjeeping
03-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Maaco did one of our fleet trucks. It wasn't the cheap package either.

It looked good for 2 years, and now its peeling off everywhere.

Buyer beware.

Which package did you get? I'm looking at the signature package which is the highest on the list

duke99
03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
somebody told me the only reason maaco has cheap prices is because of the quality of the paint they use .... and how they prep the cars or trucks .. but i did get an estimate one time for $750 for a dodge dakota .... sooo ....

rfed32
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
never went there a buddy of mine paints and i got my car painted from him he does cust. paint but i mean if u keep the truck the same color i dont see the big deal i mean it will hold up...i would think they back it to some extent