PDA

View Full Version : Lo volt wire under 30" wide blacktop

Ocutter
04-29-2001, 08:41 AM
Say for instance you have a cust. that wants to have a blacktop driveway installed. He also wants lighting installed. Do I lay the wire extra deep so it does not get cooked? Probably just answered my own question, but wanted some other ideas. Thanks

Guido
04-29-2001, 10:18 AM
You want to bury it under the base course for the asphalt. I would enclose it in at least loom if not pvc or some other type of pipe. (easily replaced or repaired without tearing up driveway later on down the road, or for running other wires.)

Let the customer know to call you if they ever want to run another cable or wire under the drive, and your their man, without tearing it all up. You may even want to add another pipe under while the driveway is being ripped up.

The other thing I would do would be to wrap it in flourescent construction tape and put a feww inches of sand around and on top of it.

This gives someone who's digging an idea when they get close to a utility, etc. I wish everyone did it!

Good Luck!

kris
05-06-2001, 10:06 AM
GUIDO is exactly right...of course lay a pipe down and a little bigger for perhaps another future wire you may want to string

Guido
05-06-2001, 03:08 PM
WoooHooo I'm on a roll!