PDA

View Full Version : Triplet Low Odor Herbicide

mowlancaster
03-20-2006, 01:19 AM
I was just wondering if any of you have used the new Triplet Low Odor Herbicide from Nufarm yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it and how it performs. This is the second year our company is doing weed & fert., and I as the manager can barely stand the smell of Lesco 3-way when spraying. Plus the smell gets all over your clothes and equipment, and makes the other divisions howl if smelly equipment gets parked in the main shop. We use Perma-greens and skid sprayers, any suggestions on odor control?

Runner
03-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Haven't tried the triplett yet, but if you want to actually get compliments on just how GOOD the lawn smells after you spray, check out this thread....
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=132026&highlight=mint

Grassmechanic
03-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Yep. I've used a product in the past called KLOK (pronounced "cloak") to mask the smell of herbicides. Works good. A little goes a long way.

Runner
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Klok used to be sold by Lesco, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. It was searching for that - that I came up with this stuff.

mowlancaster
03-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah, Klok used to be sold by Lesco, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. It was searching for that - that I came up with this stuff.
Where do you buy this mint stuff? I checked out their website, they don't really have any distributor links unless I'm just too tired to see them. So if you use this cover scent does that pretty much eliminate the nasty smell on your clothes after a day, or the smell on the machinery? I realize the concentrated chemical will still stink, but when the cover scent is tank-mixed, how effective would you say it is in covering the strong chemical smell. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being low, 10 being high, where would you rate it?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Runner
03-21-2006, 02:16 AM
I would rate it at about a 9. You will still occasional get a smell of the actual 3 way, because you mix it, but timewise, you smell the mint so much (often), you just get used to the mint smell. It has a sweet mint aroma. Kind of a "fresh breath" like thing. Here's the website. http://www.customagformulators.com/

Grassmechanic
03-21-2006, 10:17 AM
The last place I knew that carried Klok was Turfgrass, INC. out of South Lyon, MI 1-800-521-8873.