PDA

View Full Version : composte and seed how much should i use?

texaslandscaper
03-20-2006, 12:24 PM
I have been aproached by several clients that want to seed or sod thier lawn.
I know how to seed and sod except how much composte "humore" i should use for every hundred sq foot. I have a basic idea how much to use but nothing concreate. Is there a chart that can be used to figure this out.
The same thing goes for seed I have a basic idea of how many pounds to use but i want to be sure it is correct.

nocutting
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I have been aproached by several clients that want to seed or sod thier lawn.
I know how to seed and sod except how much composte "humore" i should use for every hundred sq foot. I have a basic idea how much to use but nothing concreate. Is there a chart that can be used to figure this out.
The same thing goes for seed I have a basic idea of how many pounds to use but i want to be sure it is correct.
Hello, on established areas, the rule of thumb is about a 1/4 inch to top dress, as not to smother the healthy grass.........on bare dirt I feel 3/4 to 1 inch is good to top dress............if you are goin to till it in before seedind / sodding you can 3-5 inches to prepare the new bed........Compost is so risky though?..........not very many people know how to make it correctly.....if it hasnt been heated properly the weed seeds havent been killed, and watch out come summer:dizzy: