PDA

View Full Version : Gonna buy a Hydro Seeder, Which One?

Highpoint
04-29-2001, 03:54 PM
Looking for a hydro seeder that will do 4000 sq ft in one load. I think the tank size will be around 300 gallons. Any info?

Stonehenge
04-29-2001, 10:03 PM
Highpoint -

I'm looking for one, too, and I found all kinds of good info when I ran a search in this forum on hydroseeders. Try that and you'll get all the info you need.

Sean Gassman
04-29-2001, 11:46 PM
The gallons the machine holds is not the issue, but the amount of mulch. Most research show that 2000 lbs of mulch an acer is a superior application compared to the common practice of 1500 lbs. For 2000 lbs per acer you need a machine that will mix and shoot a mixture of material at 46 lbs per 1,000 Square feet. Most machine makers quote unrealistic data about the machine. Most also make claims about shooting from the gun. From experience 99.9% of your jobs will be shooting with a hose of 150 ft up to 400 ft, therefor as for a memo with the mulch mixed at these rates shooting thru a long hose. This type of demo will put the machine in a real world situation. Even if you choose to spray paper, there may be a job that requires the mulch to be wood, cover all your bases and make sure the machine will spray wood at the same 46lbs per 1000.

Ask for demos, don't trust the claims, make them show you what the machine will do. The equipment is to expensive to have make a mistake.

YOu may also want to join the Hydro Turf Planters Association to find out more about the industry.

http://www.htpa.org

Highpoint
04-30-2001, 12:22 AM
Thanks Sean

3 Oaks Farms Landscapes
05-02-2001, 07:16 PM
We bought a Jiffy Hydroseeder at the Lawn and Garden show in Louisville, KY 2 years ago.It has been a great investment! It has a 650 gallon tank and we are getting about 4000sq ft per tank. The Jiffy had alot of features that the others did not have. It is the only one we found with a metal tank. The way it is set up makes it easy to clean out the hoses and pumps. We have not had any trouble at all out of this machine. The cost was right at $14,000.00 and they delivered it to our firm. If you have any questions e-mail me at ThreeOaksFarms@aol.com.

Sean Gassman
05-02-2001, 11:58 PM
Several machines have metal tanks.... Bowie, Finn, Turfmaker, Aqua Seeder, just to name a few. No matter what the tank is made of make sure it will meet your needs

4x4k20
05-06-2001, 04:52 PM
my brother just bought a new finn t90 he has 2 other t90s and one t330 he has been in business over 10 years the machines are run year round they are the best machines that you can buy they are also the highest priced ones .