PDA

View Full Version : 3 ac for $133. !!

indyturf
03-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I got a offer in the mail from TG today, they can take care of my 3 ac lawn for $133.00! it cost me almost that much in material to do it !!!

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
TG is hard to beat on the larger lawns....quoted a acre lawn last week...home owner said he used TG last year but wasn't very happy with them....but I bet after he saw my price he will live with that unhappy feeling!! even though I tried to impress on him his yard would look better and remain constant through out the year with my service....:hammerhead:

Greg Amann
03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
They were nice enough to drop by and quote my yard the other day. As I was pulling in, in my F250 with a 100 gallon spray rig on the back, what looked like a stay at home mom was pulling out of my driveway.
At my door was a quote package addressed to Advance Tech Pest Management Services, Inc..
On the quote, under weeds it said I had dollarweed, pusley, and oxalis. I have been in my house for 8 years and have never seen any one of these in my yard. It mentioned I had no gates, of which I have 2. And it said I had no dogs, of which I have 2.
I have 8,000 square feet and they quoted $43.00 per application.
That is less than half of what I get for treating a lawn that size in my neighborhood.
I carry that quote with me every day. Great sales tool!

turfsolutions
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Wow, you get more than $86 for an 8k lawn. I might just look into moving to Florida.

It is tough to compete with companies who quote a price less than or about the same as the cost of materials. You know they aren't doing the same quality work, but you have to convince the homeowners that. It many cases, it can be done.

sprayman73703
03-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Was that per acre per trip, or for the full three acres per single pass????

Jason Rose
03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I'd hire them just so they can do a crap job and then get the pleasure of FIREING then mid season!

Iv'e seen how they do large lawns... I watched a tech fert a 37,000 sq ft lawn with a lesco push spreader. He covered the whole lawn on one loading of the spreader. You do the math...

indyturf
03-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Was that per acre per trip, or for the full three acres per single pass????
that was per application for the whole 3 acre lawn!

teeca
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
tg just figures they will still come out ahead.. after their 8 apps per season, you might get 1 or 2 apps, and ghost the others.. not a bad return for them

wissel_landscaping
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
back when i worked for TG i had another TG branch calling my house about 3 times aweek wanting to treat my lawn, so i said sure i signed up for a 6 app. per year once i was signed up i told them i am a employee of TG so my apps. were free and i have 7 acres of lawn ha ha the poor guy had to come out and spray 7 acres for free.

indyturf
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
back when i worked for TG i had another TG branch calling my house about 3 times aweek wanting to treat my lawn, so i said sure i signed up for a 6 app. per year once i was signed up i told them i am a employee of TG so my apps. were free and i have 7 acres of lawn ha ha the poor guy had to come out and spray 7 acres for free.
25yrs ago when I worked for them, I didn't want any of the guys that worked there spraying my lawn! I actually have a customer who works for terminex, they are owned by waste manegement they also owns TG so he can get his lawn treated for free. but he has me do it instead. thats a good one I tell potential customers when they bring up what TG was charging them.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-21-2006, 03:46 PM
i love it they call and say they r not happy with the service but they want u to treat the same thing and do a great job for the same price yeah right

Surf'n'Turf
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Iv'e seen how they do large lawns... I watched a tech fert a 37,000 sq ft lawn with a lesco push spreader. He covered the whole lawn on one loading of the spreader. You do the math...

'Course you did not know he was using 46-0-0 Urea!

turf hokie
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
i love it they call and say they r not happy with the service but they want u to treat the same thing and do a great job for the same price yeah right

I am always amazed at how many people call, they are peeved at T/G because their lawn looks like crap but they stick with them b/c your price is too expensive.

You get what you pay for.

And I ran into a bid this year. 6 acres for 480 dollars. -----do the math. At 133 they were making a killing.

indyturf
03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
'Course you did not know he was using 46-0-0 Urea!
sure did look like 46-0-0, no sign of P or K