PDA

View Full Version : Painting trailer

LawnBoy89
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey guys I'm trying to repaint my trailer is it worth it to take all the paint off down to the bare metal since its peeling a little bit in spots that have been dented (I fixed the dents) or should I just try to paint over everything. I'm having alot of trouble getting it down the the bare metal so it would make things alot easier if I didn't have to.

BRAAAP
03-20-2006, 10:10 PM
If u dont have to dont. your just making more work for yourself, just take it doe to mare metal were it is flaking off and feather edge it out smooth. Then use a self etching primer on the bare metal sports. then give then go over with a gray primer sand and paint. good luck:waving:

TriplePLandscaping
03-20-2006, 10:37 PM
My trailer is in real bad shape when it comes to its paint. I know no matter what paint even tho I will put primer on it it will still chip later on, so I have decided to rhino line the whole thing except the floor. I will be doing this in the spring as soon as I can i will post pics. You should probibly think about doing this also, but the only thing that sucks is that it is pretty expensive in pricing.

lawn masters 2006
03-20-2006, 10:48 PM
i paint mine every year...i go to tractor supply store..tsc...an buy enamal paint...ruff up the rust spots w a wire wheel..an hose it down....i like a look of a new trailer...its a 6.5 by 18

LawnBoy89
03-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the advice I already made it's not flaking its smooth now. Is there any type of thick primer because, I don't know how to explain it but you can tell how the first time I painted it I painted over spots witout paint and you can see that...its not smooth. I was wondering if there is anything thick enough to cover something like that up...