PDA

View Full Version : So Many Hitch Choices Help

Rdizzle79
03-21-2006, 08:36 AM
I need to buy a hitch for my 2004 Ford F350. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a class III or IV Hitch.

davidcalhoun
03-21-2006, 08:57 AM
I guess it depends on what you plan to tow, but I would go with the highest rated hitch I could get for a 1 ton truck.

lwcmattlifter
03-21-2006, 09:49 AM
I would go with a Class V. The Putnam XDR is a great hitch. It should be around $175. Go to the Ford dealer for the plug-n-go wiring harness. It's a little more but you don't have to worry about getting an aftermarket kit that may make you splice wires.

RockSet N' Grade
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
With safety in mind, I too would choose a class V. You never know, and in this case stronger is better regardless of current applications.
I would suggest no matter what you choose, inspect the work that was done and make sure the connecting bolts are at least grade 7. Inspect every nut, bolt and washer and each weld. There is nothing like driving down the road and watching your full trailer disconnect and create a real mess just because the installer got lazy........I know this from experience, and believe me, it was not a whole lot of fun!!

NEUSWEDE
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Why doesn't it have a hitch from the factory?

ripple
03-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Reese Titan V
Well thats 3 words and its class 5 but before I started this business I used to haul trailers all over this great country. And I have seen some nasty stuff happen to stock trailer hitches and overloaded trailers. Do yourself a favor (just in case you ever tow a heavy trailer) and get a class 5 hitch. And remember the Reese Titan V All my trucks have them.....

Rdizzle79
03-23-2006, 07:53 AM
I went witht he Putnam. They are having a good sale on them. Thanks for all the advice