PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a nice fellow

QualityLawnCare4u
03-21-2006, 08:43 AM
I have been truck shopping now for about 2 weeks and have found nothing here. Our dealers want big bucks even for a truck with over a 100k miles. I found one on the internet in Jax. Fla that I was interested in and it was the same price my dealers wanted here for the same truck with 50k more miles. The guy calls me back last night, an older fellow and tells me about the truck and why he was selling it. I told him about my concerns of pulling my trailor with a 4 banger nissan and he quickly told me he would bring it to me tonight when he got off work and let me pull my trailor and see how it does. Told me if it did not work he did not want me to have it. Our dealers here wont even let you go on more than 15 minute test drives and they go with you so I could not hook up the trailor and see how it does and could not find one to rent to try out for a day. If the truck does not work for me Im going to give the fellow some money and fill his truck up for bringing it to me to try. Told me I did not have to do that but Im going to anyway. I hope it works out because Im in dire need of a truck real bad! He has about a 2 hour drive one way. Dont find many folks who will do this for you.

Lawn Masters
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Thats what I'd call a great guy right there. if my ranger didnt have a 4banger in it, I'd sell that right off. besides, I need it for work.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, I found a frontier at a dealer this morning and broght it home and hooked it to the trailor and:nono: :nono: it was hurting big time! Could not go over 30 without the trailor fishtailing real bad, bad enough it scared me. I called the guy back and thanked him but no need for him to bring it since it would not work. Wound up finding a 2000 tundra, V8 with 80k miles for a good price (14k less than what I sold my new one for). I tried a 2000 frontier crew cab V6 and that was one gutless POS. Holding the pedal to the floor it would barley run 49mph on a level rode, forget going up a hill. Surprised me since I had a 93 Nissan with the V6 and it pulled it fine.

firelwn
03-26-2006, 02:07 AM
I thought we were in USA:usflag:

RedWingsDet
03-26-2006, 02:10 AM
why not buy an american product?

iluvscag
03-26-2006, 08:42 AM
why not buy an american product?

My thoughts exactly.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Let me answer that. I am patriotic as anyone on here, but I have owned my share of American made vehicles and not one would even come close to the dependability of my older Nissans. I looked at quite a few Fords and Chevys and all of them had something wrong or were much higher than what I paid for what I got. Funny, I bought this from an American car salesperson who employs American techs and it helps pay them. Im not going to get in a debate over the American vs Jap vehicle crap.

Dirty Water
03-26-2006, 12:17 PM
I here you Quality...Nothing can touch the reliability of nissans and toyota trucks.

The fanboys who think otherwise have never owned one. Imagine how surprised I was when I bought a Ford and found out that your expected to pay a couple grand every few years in repairs. What a joke.

A buddy of mine had a supercharged Nissan Frontier...That thing was no joke.