PDA

View Full Version : Field Stone Retaining wall ?

LawnsRUsInc.
03-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok please no one bit!!! No i dont wnat you to do my estimates! LOL I just was curious what you guys seem to bring in per sf for field stone / rock retaining walls? I see alot of info about block walls. I just want to make sure my prices are in line since i dont want to bring down the value of a good built retaing wall. In 4 years i have built 60-65 walls. For rock dry set walls we have been charging $16-$24 per sq ft

Which inculdes the following:
-Minor exevating
-Setting the wall
-Stone backfill
-Draintile
-Material
-Labor
Thank you in advance "dont forget the geographic location can be a dif. price"
Jason

ma5tr
03-21-2006, 07:43 PM
up here in toronto,
for a dry laid precast wall we get about $28/face square foot

for a dry laid natural stone wall $45/face square foot

wetlaid $50.00 face square foot

large stone retaining walls (each stone approx. 2'x4'x 16") we get about $300.00/ton installed

ma5tr
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
up here in toronto,
for a dry laid precast wall we get about $28/face square foot

for a dry laid natural stone wall $45/face square foot

wetlaid natural stone$50.00 face square foot

large stone retaining walls (each stone approx. 2'x4'x 16") we get about $300.00/ton installed

hortiscape
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
We do many dry laid stone retaining walls, but the cost per square ft. changes so much depending on the site and type of stone, ie; flat, round, soft, hard, wet site, dry site ect.
I do every bid with one formula,
materials and labor, plus 10% administrative costs.
The only trick to this method is knowing your rock and site work well enoulph to estimate man hours.
I stick to my estimates and never charg more unless client makes changes.

LawnsRUsInc.
03-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Makes sence thank you both for the replys. I just wanted to go through my software and make changes i do that for each estimate since your correct the price does vary. Iam in the quick planning stages of hiring a sales man that can sell jobs and over see them. Last year we were getting 250-300 new customer calls a month until july then it would go down to 100 for the rest of the season and i just had a hard time doing it all myself.

Jason