PDA

View Full Version : Boulders around the culvert pipe...

get rich
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Anyone have any pics of boulder job they did around a culvert pipe at the end of a driveway. I am in the process of selling a job of this nature and need some pictures to show the hopefull customer. What i am looking for is boulders dressing up the look of a plain culvert pipe and also an area of boulders laid out where the water from the pipe would spill into the ditch. Kinda like a wall of boulders around the pipe on both sides and also a floor of them laid into the ground couple inches so that there will be no errosion where the pipe spills out into the ditch. This of course is done with smaller boulders, 4-6 in range ( the floor that is ) Anyone ever done this or seen it around their neck of the woods? Thanks !

AGLA
03-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't have any pictures, but the term for the stone surrounding the pipe is a head wall and the stone it spills on is often called an energy dissipator. You might try those in a search.

drsogr
03-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't have any pictures....but I know exactly what you are talking about. You might take a drive and find a few to take a picture of. I see them constantly.