PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Trouble

skeloo
04-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Has anyone had trouble with there Bronco dying when ever it feels like it. We have had it twice now looked at and they can't figure it out. It will run for a few days then just die in the middle of the road.
Looking at a Dodge Dakoda now any thoughts on them as well
Thanks Jennifer

LoneStarLawn
04-29-2001, 10:52 PM
Might want to post this in the Ford Truck Discussion Forum...

skeloo
04-30-2001, 12:02 AM
Thanks Lone Star; I should of known that

Keith
04-30-2001, 04:20 AM
What year is the Bronco? What does it do right before it stalls? In other words are you getting any backfire, any bucking (pun intended....it's a Bronco :) ) or does it feel like it has just lost power? Most important, what year is it? How long has the truck been running when this happens? How long before it will restart?

If it is fuel injected, look for a problem with the TFI module or a fuel pump. There are known issues with the TFI in injected Fords.

[Edited by Keith on 04-30-2001 at 04:25 AM]

jason2
04-30-2001, 09:00 AM
If it's a 66-77 I'd be more than happy to buy it from you.

skeloo
04-30-2001, 11:16 PM
Its an 88 full size bronco 5 liter fuel injection.
It doesn't give any warning it just dies as if you turn the ignition off. It happens every couple of days, doesnt matter if its wet or dry out , or if the truck is warmed up.
We get it towed to the garage and once the tow truck drops it, it will start again

Keith
05-01-2001, 04:38 AM
Has the ignition switch ever been replaced? This was the subject of a massive ford recall :eek: I don't know if Ford is still replacing these free of charge, but look into it, ASAP. And I mean ASAP, if you value the truck.

Now if that does not remedy the problem, my guess is you are still dealing with an ignition prob. The sudden shut down with no warning would kinda lead me to believe its not fuel related. Replace the coil, it's about $15 US. Then replace the TFI.

Larrytow
05-01-2001, 10:47 AM
Replace the fuel pump relay first. Very common prob on these trucks. Its cheaper than the TFI module so try that before you spend for the module.

Regards, Larry

skeloo
05-04-2001, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the comments: We have it back they changed some wires so far ok but they said that we are going to have alot of wireing trouble with this truck,as they are all roting. this tends to happen on these trucks. Oh well still a great truck. Thanks again