PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over by the DEC!!!!!!!!

Microbe
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
BUT I"M ORGANIC SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo..... no ticket, no nothing... :) I actually thanked him for stopping by... Shaked his hand and everything... What a nice guy! "If I had a little 3 way though, BOOM!!!!!!!" I have my technicians license but he told me that I have to have a triangle on my truck and I havn't gotten that yet..... Don't know why! The guy was hidding behind my truck because there was another landscaper down the block and he wanted to stay hidden.... I thought it was kinda funny, thought I'd share it! Peace and Greenzzzzzzz:cool2: :headphones: :cool2:

grandview (2006)
03-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Where in N.Y.?

jsf343
03-23-2006, 01:37 AM
DEC? department of ???????? what is the c for? just curious and probably stupid for not knowing.

Microbe
03-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Department of Environmental control... around the Western south shore of long island....... He told me that even if I spray garlic juice I need to be certified and carry the triangles on my truck.......

jsf343
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
:laugh: hahhahahahaha!!! are you serious?!

topdog
03-23-2006, 09:01 PM
since when is garlic juice a pesticide i would ask him.

YardPro
03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
he is absolutely serious.
many of the "organic" products are as bad or worse that the man made stuff.
Diatomaceous earts for example is terrible stuff. it is being banned from pool fltration systems ( they have filters that use DE as a filter media) becuase it is a wicked carcinogen and can cuase severe respiratory problems.

the pesticide certification is in place to keep people from applying anything that kills anthing liable for dammages they cuase.

top dog..
if anything you apply to kill anything is a pesticise... salt, urine for fire ants, etc.

topdog
03-23-2006, 09:14 PM
yes, i understand that, but that is stretching it. guess we should add dentist since they use toothpaste on us, and all those anti bacterial soap peps also.

anyways, just seems odd, and i do hold a valid applicator's license. just got back from a class at purdue last week to keep up my points.

grandview (2006)
03-23-2006, 09:28 PM
You do any type of spraying in N.Y. and get paid for it you better have a license, even if you pee on someones lawn.

jsf343
03-24-2006, 12:17 AM
You do any type of spraying in N.Y. and get paid for it you better have a license, even if you pee on someones lawn.

There should be a test for that..... "Pee applicator test" :laugh: could you imagine?!

Blade-o-grass
03-24-2006, 12:29 AM
I have actually had new employees taking a wizz by a tree in the front lawn of a mowing account ..... I had to tell he "we don't do dis in America"

nocutting
03-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Department of Environmental control... around the Western south shore of long island....... He told me that even if I spray garlic juice I need to be certified and carry the triangles on my truck.......
DEC- Dept. of Enviromental Conservation....:usflag:

nocutting
03-24-2006, 12:44 AM
since when is garlic juice a pesticide i would ask him.
If its labled to repel or control or surpress its a pesicide and a Lic. is required.........You may not have to post a property or notify a neighbor, but you need to display your lic on your tank / truck as needed.:usflag:

nocutting
03-24-2006, 12:51 AM
he is absolutely serious.
many of the "organic" products are as bad or worse that the man made stuff.
Diatomaceous earts for example is terrible stuff. it is being banned from pool fltration systems ( they have filters that use DE as a filter media) becuase it is a wicked carcinogen and can cuase severe respiratory problems.

the pesticide certification is in place to keep people from applying anything that kills anthing liable for dammages they cuase.

top dog..
if anything you apply to kill anything is a pesticise... salt, urine for fire ants, etc.
There are 2 types of DE, the pool version is very high in silica, a respiratory irratant..........the 2nd is a feed grade used to thwart various worms in animals and is added to there food,also,used by organic gardners for slugs among other things.

mindset063
03-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Wow.. I'm from IN too. Just looked into the classes @ Purdue. I went to Purdue for computer technology. Never thought that I would get into the lawn care business.

YardPro
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
There are 2 types of DE, the pool version is very high in silica, a respiratory irratant..........the 2nd is a feed grade used to thwart various worms in animals and is added to there food,also,used by organic gardners for slugs among other things.

de is not good stuff...

it can hurt bees (polination) and if it gets worked into the soil it will kill earthworms, erc..

nocutting
03-31-2006, 12:20 AM
de is not good stuff...

it can hurt bees (polination) and if it gets worked into the soil it will kill earthworms, erc..
I'd luv to hear the bee story, but a sprinkle around your hostas on the soil surface is all that is needed.........its been a while since last year, but I dont seem to remember my earthworms taking a stroll through any gardens I service [ DE or not?]:dancing:

Microbe
03-31-2006, 07:03 AM
How can DE kill bee's? The last time I checked, bee's like the nectar not the stem or root ball correct? Nocutting, is there a name for the base of all plants? Ya know above the root ball the lower stem? Also, how long does DE stay active for, and what are some of the negative effects it has on "other," soil life, if any at all? Does it just break down and become a part of the soil? Is it safe to dig in by hand, say if you need to move a hosta, or plant around the area you treated?

Microbe
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
And as far as the "Department of Environmental control," comment......... DOH!! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :waving: