PDA

View Full Version : Are GM Sierra's crap or what?

Freddy_Kruger
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't want to buy another that's for sure.

Any recommendations?

TLS
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
OK, I'll take a bite of your troll droppings....

What were your problems?

Freddy_Kruger
03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I bought this truck 7months ago '92 GMC sierra sle

-It was chugging when I woud put the brake on at low speeds - stuck valve and while there at it they flushed the fuel system.

-the heater blower motor went.

-passenger side lock don't work with the key.

-violent shudders twice. 1st time it was the U joints, 2nd time the drive shaft

-gets stuck in snow too easily had to buy snow tires.

-horn stopped working.

-4 ways stopped working

-passenger side seat has difficulty leaning forward it keeps catching on something.

-if I put my window all the way down it falls out of track and I have to take off the door panel to put it back. I stay away from bank machines now because thats where I like to roll my window down.

So fine, I was going to buy my aunts sierra newer than mine they bought it new and its about 5 years old.

-power window motor went.

-4x4 differential went

-tail gate was stolen (apparently they just lift right out with no tools)

-and now something that cost 2000 bucks just went.

Now I hear they are losing market share and are tyring to ditch 30,000 employees.

R.I.P.

TLS
03-22-2006, 10:58 PM
14 year old truck....what do you want?

All pickup tailgates are removable w/o tools.

If your venting, then VENT. But broadcasting a full line of trucks are crap is just nonsense.

I cant comment on GM's financial quandry.

RedWingsDet
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
You bought a truck that is over 10 years old, what do you expect. I had a 94 f150 and it had alot of those same problems, it was one big headache, I paid 3500 for it and spent over 6grand in fixing it in less than a year, and I still could only get 3500 for it, and the day after the guy bought it, the rear end went out along with 3 hubs. long story short, dont expect so much out of such an old truck.

lawncare3
03-22-2006, 11:02 PM
You bought a truck that is over 10 years old, what do you expect. I had a 94 f150 and it had alot of those same problems, it was one big headache, I paid 3500 for it and spent over 6grand in fixing it in less than a year, and I still could only get 3500 for it, and the day after the guy bought it, the rear end went out along with 3 hubs. long story short, dont expect so much out of such an old truck.

What he siad^^^

I did the same thing with 3 fords. Can't expect too much

TWUllc
03-22-2006, 11:11 PM

I thought he was gonna try and tell me my '06 is junk. :laugh:

olderthandirt
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM

It will be in 14 more yrs

Freddy_Kruger
03-23-2006, 12:01 AM
What he siad^^^

I did the same thing with 3 fords. Can't expect too much
Yeah well Fords are crap to. I should make a thread about that.:waving:

Freddy_Kruger
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Are you saying it's not? GM is slowly going out of business all american made car manufacturers are. I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable and trying to get a German or Japanese made truck. When my GM is working though I sure love it. And you wait, when your vehicle starts falling apart on you in a few years yer not going to be too happy then.

Don't go bragging about how a brand new truck is, IT"S HOW LONG THEY LAST THAT COUNTS.

grassmanak
03-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Just do what i do and sell your truck after 13 years of use, should be fine

Cooper725
03-23-2006, 01:43 AM
LoL too funny. I love my GM, got a 98 and couldnt do the business I am with out it.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Which American auto maker is not losing market share???

D

Rdizzle79
03-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Ive gone through every brand available. Im on Ford now and my expectations are low but no problems yet. Its not a matter of if with most trucks its more like when somethings gonna go wrong you have to worry about

iluvscag
03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
I think Kruger needs to make his own vehicle....this is crap thats crap blah blah blah. I think you need a trunk of a cadillac the way you sound.

Freddy_Kruger
03-23-2006, 11:51 AM
One good thing about an old GM Sierra it still looks mighty fine though the rear wheel wells were cut out and new steel welded and painted. It doesn't look old.
And it only cost 35 a month for insurance.

TWUllc
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=Freddy_Kruger
Don't go bragging about how a brand new truck is, IT"S HOW LONG THEY LAST THAT COUNTS.[/QUOTE]

Whos bragging? And whos crying? I take mighty fine care of my stuff, thank you. What do you expect for a 14year old truck??? Wake up. :sleeping:

MTR
03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Tundra may be? All those eighties still running delivering pizza, mowing lawns and delivering groceries. I am not starting flame, do I?:waving:

Mike's Lawn & Snow
03-23-2006, 12:39 PM
How can you sit here and complain about that the truck is old what do you expect. I think more landscapers use Chevy's then anyother truck and yea so general motors is laying off 30,000 so is ford's and im pretty sure chrysler did it a while back too. They are just trying to get there payroll in line with what they sell thats all. I've always bought Chevy's i got 2 trucks and a trailblazer and i love them!!!!

Lawn Masters
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Dude, I dont know for certain, but I'm pretty sure you just got two lemons. s--t happens ya know. I run a 94 GMC 2500 all day every day, zero problems aside from a plugged EGR valve, and no cd player. not all of em suck, just the ones you got, which may be due to lack of maintainence too.

FIRESCOOBY
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Which American auto maker is not losing market share???

D

Well, there's only two (GM and Ford). Dodge isn't "American" (Daimler-Chrysler - German). FYI: they posted no loss the end of 2005. It's funny though how all the "American" red white and blue auto makers are closing down their plants in the US, and opening them up in other countries while the import counterparts that are taking over (Toyota, Nissan, Honda) are building more and more in the US.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
my 91 ford truck doesnt pull my darn trailers like my uncles 03 Powerstroke f250, im gonna just drive it off a cliff lol, all fords suck:laugh: :laugh:

Jpocket
03-24-2006, 06:50 AM

-It was chugging when I woud put the brake on at low speeds - stuck valve and while there at it they flushed the fuel system.

-the heater blower motor went.

-passenger side lock don't work with the key.

-violent shudders twice. 1st time it was the U joints, 2nd time the drive shaft

-gets stuck in snow too easily had to buy snow tires.

-horn stopped working.

-4 ways stopped working

-passenger side seat has difficulty leaning forward it keeps catching on something.

-if I put my window all the way down it falls out of track and I have to take off the door panel to put it back. I stay away from bank machines now because thats where I like to roll my window down.

So fine, I was going to buy my aunts sierra newer than mine they bought it new and its about 5 years old.

-power window motor went.

-4x4 differential went

-and now something that cost 2000 bucks just went.

Now I hear they are losing market share and are tyring to ditch 30,000 employees.

R.I.P.

Um...you bought an old truck that has been WORKED, what did you expect? I don't care if it a chevy ford or dodge, if the truck is beat IT"S BEAT.

When buying old trucks you gotta look for rebuilt parts, motor, trans, etc.

UNISCAPER
03-24-2006, 09:16 AM
The mani reason American auto makers are loosing market share is due to over powered unions looking after the jobs within the union before even considering the impact on the company. When 12,000 GM workers are paid every week for sitting on thier asses at bars, doing laundry, and basically doing nothing, that is a classic example. Inefficiency does not mean they make bad products, it just means they need to focus on those issues. Outsourcing, which I do not at all believe in, was that small shot in the arm they needed to overcome the labor issues they have.

If they really want to get on their feet we should send the manufacturers of sushi packing back to the land of the rising sun and call it a day.

Grassmechanic
03-24-2006, 10:09 AM
The mani reason American auto makers are loosing market share is due to over powered unions looking after the jobs within the union before even considering the impact on the company. When 12,000 GM workers are paid every week for sitting on thier asses at bars, doing laundry, and basically doing nothing, that is a classic example. Inefficiency does not mean they make bad products, it just means they need to focus on those issues. Outsourcing, which I do not at all believe in, was that small shot in the arm they needed to overcome the labor issues they have.

If they really want to get on their feet we should send the manufacturers of sushi packing back to the land of the rising sun and call it a day.
Right on, Bill!

Brendan Smith
03-24-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't want to buy another that's for sure.

Any recommendations?
dude, wtf? that is about the most bullet-proof truck ever besides toyotas. but it's 14 years old, of course you're going to have to work on it. if you don't know how to work on it yourself, you would be better off getting something under warranty. even the best quality vehicle is not engineered to be maintenance/repair free for 14 years. my full time job is a a service manager, have held the position for quite a long time in an agriculturally oriented (read that as truck) market and these are wonderful trucks. if a farmer can't kill them, that says alot. don't want to bash you, but i do think you need to re-examine your expectations.:usflag:

Luvs2Play
03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
The real reason that the big 3 are having problems is that their trucks last 13 years without any major problems. If they only lasted 10 years, everybody would be buying them more often! LOL

bugspit
03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
So, Ford and Chevy suck. Does that mean that Dodge makes a better truck?:confused:

Ramairfreak98ss
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
So, Ford and Chevy suck. Does that mean that Dodge makes a better truck?:confused:

No dodge suck too, trans all die, cummins is good from what i hear though lol. i STILL like the look of the newer dodges, the motors etc, but the top 10 guys ive known over the past like 6yrs that have had MAJOR problems with trucks were ALL dodge of some sort, well one jeep cherokee 5.2 v8, a few 98-00 rams, 02 with the engine under the 5.7l hemi, electrical probs with a 2000 and a 1999 dakota 4.7? and the other was a 5.2L v8.

bugspit
03-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Well then, everything is crap unless you happen to luck up on a good one, then you should have enough sense to hang on to it, maintain it, and plan for some expenses while you run the wheels off it. :drinkup:

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Geese, These Little Arguments Can Go On For Days....
Gm Is Better!!!
No, Ford Is Better!!!
No, My Dodge Can Eat Your Ford...
Blah Blah Blah...

Dude, I Know That You Are Having Trouble With This Little Gmc Of Yours, But How About Stop Blaming It On The Truck. It Is A Piece Of Equipment That Last As Long As It Can Based On How Well They Are Taken Care Of.

In This Situation...it Sounds Like You Are Mad At Yourself For Making Such A Poor Business Decision And Want To Find Something Else To Blame It On Rather Than Yourself.

That Is The Great Thing About Being The Owner Of A Company.
You Get All The Great Pay....but If Something Fails...it Is On You Too.

I Have Always Found It To Be A True Statement...
"you Get What You Pay For"

Sell That Ratty Old Thing And Purchase You Something That You Can Rely On, So That You Can Spend Your Time Working On Yards And Not Trucks.

Best Of Luck....

By The Way....

Gmc Rules!!!!!!!!

zim bob the landscaper
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
ok 14 year old truck of course it will get tired. you have to take care of them even a ford, dodge, and any other truck will get tired unless u take care of it. i know u guys will be like your 14 u dont know s*** but i know a little just take care of the next truck and you will be fine. BTW our 1994 chevy is running on strong only little probelms.

zim bob the landscaper
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Geese, These Little Arguments Can Go On For Days....
Gm Is Better!!!
No, Ford Is Better!!!
No, My Dodge Can Eat Your Ford...
Blah Blah Blah...

Dude, I Know That You Are Having Trouble With This Little Gmc Of Yours, But How About Stop Blaming It On The Truck. It Is A Piece Of Equipment That Last As Long As It Can Based On How Well They Are Taken Care Of.

In This Situation...it Sounds Like You Are Mad At Yourself For Making Such A Poor Business Decision And Want To Find Something Else To Blame It On Rather Than Yourself.

That Is The Great Thing About Being The Owner Of A Company.
You Get All The Great Pay....but If Something Fails...it Is On You Too.

I Have Always Found It To Be A True Statement...
"you Get What You Pay For"

Sell That Ratty Old Thing And Purchase You Something That You Can Rely On, So That You Can Spend Your Time Working On Yards And Not Trucks.

Best Of Luck....

By The Way....

Gmc Rules!!!!!!!!
are we gonna have a 300th war on this thing your truck just needs to fit your needs all trucks have problems. all thigns with motors have problems. BTW gmc and chevy are great trucks only ones ill buy its JMO.

lawnboy dan
03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
get a tundra . not a single problem in 3 yrs with mine. my last toyota lasted 23 yrs!