PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Trajectory

AssuredServicesCo
03-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Regarding rotors, I understand trying to get an approximate match in flow between the rotors by choosing various nozzles such as a 4,2,1 nozzle combination. It seems like I can get balanced precipitation this way but the distance of throw changes significantly between the nozzles.

How do you solve this problem? I remember learning this in class but I forgot (I'm old).
Thanks.

PurpHaze
03-23-2006, 09:32 AM
This is a problem with matched precipitation nozzles. In order to match say 90's with 180's and 360's there is less water going through the nozzle and sometimes a great amount of reduced distance. If a corner is critical then I bump the 180/360 sprinklers a little towards the corners and break up their arc slightly so they don't overspray onto hardscape, etc. If the corners are not critical then I space for the 180/360 and everything still seems to come out right.

On large fields I always separate the adjustable rotors from the full circle rotors. This way I can control the edges and corners with the controller by either increasing or decreasing total time to make it compatible with the full circles. Although all manufacturers say their rotors are matched precipitation this is in a perfect testing world. I have found that if you mix lagre adjustable rotors with full circle rotors the eges tend to get wetter and cause problems for our mowers.

Ground Master
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
The best way is to group the full circle nozzles on the same zone. You'll probably use the same nozzle thats in your 180's-just run them for twice the time as your 180's.

Rainbird came out with additional nozzles for their 5000 series rotors that seem to alleviate this problem