PDA

View Full Version : Loud Cell Phones

Cut2TheQuick
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Hopefully the is the right forum for this, if not I apologize. After reading many of the posts on the topic of live person vs answering machine/services, along with my own predilections on the subject, I have decided to try and answer 100% of the calls myself. Having said that I know that I will need a phone that vibrates like a B-52 and is as loud when ringing. Seeing as you can be stuck with phones when signing cellular contracts I woudl like to hear from anyone about phones they feel will fit the bill. Thanks for your feedback.

Kevin

Jason Rose
03-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Every phone I have had has had a vibrate function, I wear it on the clip that they come with on my pants. I rarely miss feeling it vibrate, unless I'm running the BP blower, then I kinda vibrate all over from it, and 2, I really couldn't answer it anyway with it runnning on my back.

I have used motorola phones exclusively, however each one I get just gets worse and worse quality wise. My first one was a star-tac and it lasted 2 years with no problems other than a few broken antennas. The next one I had I had to have totally replaces multiple times with the same model due to defects, The next one was the same way. The model I have now is the 2nd one Iv'e had in 5 months and it too is going ka-put. One big problem I have with the last 2 motorola models I have had is the chargers. Plug it in and it's a gamble every time as to weather or not it's going to charge or just stop charging after a couple minutes. Poor design on the connection. Once my contract is up again I'm going to look hard at other brands...

hillndale
03-23-2006, 06:20 PM
You can get a phone with what's known as "blue tooth", wireless capabilities. Stick the phone anywhere on your person and buy an ear peice w/mike and you will be set. You'll be like the secret service!:walking:

hillndale

FinalCut05
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
i just got the lg ax 5000? anyways its super loud and has a very noticable vibrate function. I got one for me and my wife for $75 at alltel.

Mr Budget
03-24-2006, 09:47 PM
We use the Razr v3 they now can be bought for 99 dollars each they are good and loud with a vibrate function that is easily felt it also hold 1000 contacts # thats really good if your like me i have all my clients stored in my phone and still leaves lots of room for friends and family

thes
03-26-2006, 01:59 PM
My teens just got Sony Ericcson Z520a...wow, are they loud!
It's a great phone, I want one! Of course, my contract is not up until Aug.

TurfdudeNCSU
03-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Why don't you get an answering service and have them page you with the information so that you can return the call. This way you have a live person answering the phone and you don't have to stop working every time the phone rings.

J&L-lawncare
03-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I am partialy deaf in both ears, from my time with military. I keep my motorolla i60c on vibrate & ring @ the same time. I also check my phones messages in between trimming, edging, and mowing. If there's a phone call I missed I'll still be able to call back quickly.