PDA

View Full Version : Lawnpro Softwear????

greenacresman
03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Need Some Info From Anyone Using Lawnpro Software And Anyone Who Can Compair It To Gopher Or Grounds Keeper Thank You.

joshlawn
03-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I just purchased it This past Friday, I can let you know in a few days how it compares. Recently, I asked the same question, and received no responses so I bought it to try it out. It looks like it will do more than the other more expensive software, but we'll know for sure in a few days.:weightlifter:

greenacresman
03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I just purchased it This past Friday, I can let you know in a few days how it compares. Recently, I asked the same question, and received no responses so I bought it to try it out. It looks like it will do more than the other more expensive software, but we'll know for sure in a few days.:weightlifter:

ok thank you jeff

Mr.Mow-It-All
03-26-2006, 12:41 AM
ok thank you jeff

I too just bought it a few days ago. So far one little thing that I don't like or haven't figured out yet is when trying to make an estimate. You can list the breakdown in the descriptions but when you go to print it, it will only put it in a certain format. So if you try and list an item, then press enter to list another Item, it looks fine on the estimate page, but jumbles it all together when you go to print it. Not a biggie yet and no more than I have played with it, there is probably an answer.

All in all so far am very pleased though. By the way if one of you guys figure it out let me know would you.

KillaWhale
03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Have Lawn Pro and I am not impressed. Customer support is horrible and it has bugs. If it had better support and revisions to fix problems it would be OK for the price.

joshlawn
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
greenacresman,

I've played around with the software for a little while tonight. What I've noticed so far is, the software is really geared towards LCO's just starting out with low budgets and basic residential & commercial accounts. You really get what you pay for, so one couldn't expect to much from LawnPro.

After a few minutes of testing this is what I have noticed so far, more to come when I have more time to dive deeper.
CON's:
1. You can't add multiple properties for any commercial customers, so that will be a headache when billing.
2. The scheduling is limited, in that one can't enter an estimated finish date so the only way to stop scheduling a customer is to mark them inactive.
3. Setting customer specific prices is a little tricky.

PRO's:
1. Easy to navigate menu's.
2. More estimating tools than other software bundle's.

Overall, I like Gopher more than Groundskeeper Pro and LawnProSoftware. It's the most usefull, yet simple software I've used.

greenacresman
03-27-2006, 11:08 PM
greenacresman,

I've played around with the software for a little while tonight. What I've noticed so far is, the software is really geared towards LCO's just starting out with low budgets and basic residential & commercial accounts. You really get what you pay for, so one couldn't expect to much from LawnPro.

After a few minutes of testing this is what I have noticed so far, more to come when I have more time to dive deeper.
CON's:
1. You can't add multiple properties for any commercial customers, so that will be a headache when billing.
2. The scheduling is limited, in that one can't enter an estimated finish date so the only way to stop scheduling a customer is to mark them inactive.
3. Setting customer specific prices is a little tricky.

PRO's:
1. Easy to navigate menu's.
2. More estimating tools than other software bundle's.

Overall, I like Gopher more than Groundskeeper Pro and LawnProSoftware. It's the most usefull, yet simple software I've used.

thanks i think i will try the trial on gopher first then groundskeeper pro
before i buy anything its been a long day.:sleeping: thanks jeff

joshlawn
03-28-2006, 12:07 PM
No problem Jeff.

Also, let me note that Patrick with LawnProSoftware said they have been working on fixing the issues I have stated and will be releasing the new version soon.