PDA

View Full Version : My new logo. I want your opinion.

MSS Mow
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Tell me which one you like best, and if you'd tweak it any and why.

Thanks a bunch. :waving:

http://thehook1021.com/images/mcguireconcepts.html

zim bob the landscaper
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
looks good very original.:)

studentlawns.org
03-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Scrap #3 immediately. #2 would be the best option of the three. It has a single color concept which makes it easier to print as black and white. Most basic marketing materials will be in black and white.

jbone
03-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I agree #3 is insanely hard to read!!!! but I really like #1 and 2 VERY NICE!!

Mr.Mow-It-All
03-23-2006, 08:11 PM
2 is easiest to read,

1 is pretty cool but a littler harder to read

3 is way to hard to read, deffinatley not 3

zim bob the landscaper
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
i like #2 the best.

J&R Landscaping
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
#3 goes to the scrap pile immideatly! #2 is the one I'd pick! JMO

StBalor
03-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I also liked #2 the best.

dsmrolla06
03-23-2006, 09:01 PM
I like #2 as well. I think you should try putting the mowing in different fonts though. Just kind of looks out of place.

mad_wrestler
03-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I like #3, however you should take away the outline. You would be able to read it from a distance. I would put it on yellow shirts...that would look great. Also, use bright yellow paper for your flyers and such.

MSS Mow
03-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I like #2 as well. I think you should try putting the mowing in different fonts though. Just kind of looks out of place.

Pretty unscientific polls we do here, but sounds like 2 is leading so far with #3 a WAYYYYYYY distant 3rd.

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions. I definately didn't like # 3 either but I didn't want to influence your opinion before you even saw it. #3 is definately scrapped. Now it's between 1 and 2. I like your idea dsmrolla6 about changing the font of Mowing on #2. Definately was out of place. I'm not sure just how it will look good, but I'll have 'em try some other options with it.

Thanks again everyone.

Carolina Cuts
03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
#2 for me... but the two totally different fonts clash for me.

Runner
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry...I just don't like the idea of the thin, shaggy looking grass. Also, if you're just starting at this,..you my want to do some serious thinking and re-planning on your name before making commitments. When you call yourself Whatever Mowing, you are putting limitations on yourself like you don't know. Later on down the road, you will have missed HUNDREDS of potential calls from people who may have wanted shrub and ornamental trimming, flowers planted, mulch, a cleanup, a lot swept, or a host of many other operations that are done in the maintenance industry. Use an accepted industry term such as Grounds maintenance, Landscape Management, or one of other industry standard terms. Do not use Lawn Care since technically that refers to the chemical industry (used as a text term). The main thing is, take your time, and use careful selection. You are only going to do it once.

All_Clear
03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
#1 hands down

All_Clear

MSS Mow
03-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry...I just don't like the idea of the thin, shaggy looking grass. Also, if you're just starting at this,..you my want to do some serious thinking and re-planning on your name before making commitments. When you call yourself Whatever Mowing, you are putting limitations on yourself like you don't know. Later on down the road, you will have missed HUNDREDS of potential calls from people who may have wanted shrub and ornamental trimming, flowers planted, mulch, a cleanup, a lot swept, or a host of many other operations that are done in the maintenance industry. Use an accepted industry term such as Grounds maintenance, Landscape Management, or one of other industry standard terms. Do not use Lawn Care since technically that refers to the chemical industry (used as a text term). The main thing is, take your time, and use careful selection. You are only going to do it once.

Very interesting view. Very good points on the whole name thing. (Background) I've been mowing grass since I was 12 (25 now) but I'm really looking to expand my business so it's time to become more official. I've always done business professionally, in my opinion. I've always paid my taxes (not willingly) :cry: and protected myself with insurance the last 6 or 7 years. I've maintained a steady list of about 20-25 lawns every year with zero advertizing, official statements, etc. I feel it's time to "go pro" and with that I need (want) a uniform logo to present consistently. I am not locked into "McGuire Mowing". I'm just not that creative (obviously). I didn't go with "landscaping" or "property management" because I don't currently do those things and don't plan to for now anyway.

I am also in a very rural area. The mowing industry is not like in a larger suburban area. Competition is limited and the competition that's out there are quality companies (ie. no lowballers, poor service, etc). I'm very fortunate in that respect.

I really appreciate your insight. It's making me rethink my choice of company name. I tried to come up with a catchy name but it's still eluding me. I always like to sleep on things anyway, so maybe it'll come to me in my sleep tonight.

Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time to give your honest opinion.

Dean

mindset063
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
#2 is ok, but I like #1. I think #1 would look awesome at the bottom of a full color door hanger.

walker-talker
03-24-2006, 10:24 AM
I like #2 the best, but I would change the font of your name and not have the grass tips go into your name.

MSS Mow
03-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I like #2 the best, but I would change the font of your name and not have the grass tips go into your name.

I'm definately leaning towards # 2 as my choice. A lot of comments here to take into consideration though. I'm definately changing the font of 'mowing'. I'll also see what it looks like without the grass protruding into 'McGuire'.

Thanks for the tips. :waving:

sheshovel
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I also like #2.

Dunn's
03-25-2006, 12:48 AM
I think concept 1 looks the best and would look really nice as a sticker on the side of your truck very eye catching. But if your planning on becoming a large company with lots of commercial accounts and being around a long time concept 2 has a very professional look to it looks like a seasoned company that you could trust.

Splicer
03-25-2006, 12:56 AM
#1 but lose the 'Born to mow' slogan.

Cut2TheQuick
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
I am with most everyone else. Scrap 3, I like two but I am not sure how it would play in B&W. One is my favorite but I am not sure I Like the script on top. I would change the top script to something more along tghe lines of McGuire in #2. Good Luck.