PDA

View Full Version : My residential agreement


mindset063
03-24-2006, 02:06 AM
here is my residential agreement. let me know what you think. :drinkup:

B&D Lawn Care
03-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

TURF DOCTOR
03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Looks good now will they all sign it,seems like a high late fee probally not though.

marionlandscape
03-24-2006, 10:09 AM
what about fees for double cutting and bagging?

instyle
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
"position so that the mower blades will not destroy them"

I would change this to read "position so that the mower blades will not come into contact with them"

CutInEdge Lawn Care
03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Looks good so far. A few minor refinements are in order as you grow. Just make refinements as you learn and what works for your customers. Good Luck!!

mindset063
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I plan to bag clippings on all accounts. However, good point about double cutting. Sprinkler head tip was a great one too. Changes will be made. Thanks for the input!

JJLandscapes
03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
if a landsscaper handed me that to sign for weekly maintenance i would shred it up and never call them again. I would sign a contract for a large job where im spending a few thousand minimum on an install or pond etc...

I dont understand how anyone uses contracts.. You should be giving perfect service everytime at a reasonable price so customers have no reason to leave. No customer will leave you to save $3 a week for a mexican crew if u do the job right ...they will leave because your service was nothing special so i might as well save money

98% of our customers return every year with no contracts the other 2 % is because they move or we decide to stop servicing there lawns.. When customers are like "i like the estimate send over the contract" and we go " We dont work with contracts and you are free to cancel at anytime because we know youwill be happy" customers are probably like thats some confidence they must do a good job

JJLandscapes
03-24-2006, 11:55 AM
and u mean to tell me even if there sprinkler head happens to be jammed up one day and you cut it up.. that you wont spend $4 to buy a new one and risk getting a customer angry?

i know a lot of companies refuse to fix them and i find it absurd and cant wait to have your customers call me to cut there lawns lol jk ;)

sometimes i dont understand how people stay in business for so many years the way they run there businessnot just the landscaping world but in my other business's im only 21 and see something new everyday that shocks me

marionlandscape
03-24-2006, 02:07 PM
all of our customers sign contracts. for one it looks good for the bank and 2 it protects the customer as well as you. noone ever said you will force them to the terms on every instance. a contract has never prevented us from obtaining an account. the biggest thing is that they trust you and you live up to your part of the terms.

J&R Landscaping
03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I think it is good to put what you say in writting and keep a record of it. I consider them to be an agreement and not a contract! An oral contraqct is as good as the paper its written on.
I can understand your point of view about the customers having confindence in you and what not, but if a customer says you said bagging was included for no extra cost, but it was not then what?...

JMO take it for what its worth!

JJLandscapes
03-24-2006, 04:24 PM
I think it is good to put what you say in writting and keep a record of it. I consider them to be an agreement and not a contract! An oral contraqct is as good as the paper its written on.
I can understand your point of view about the customers having confindence in you and what not, but if a customer says you said bagging was included for no extra cost, but it was not then what?...

JMO take it for what its worth!

opinions are good tahts why this site is up most people here dont understand that" there way isnt the right way" always they just start bashing...


if the customer wants the grass taken away we tell them we usually charge more for that... if we know the customer will be nothing but annoyance we will stop cutting there lawn forever... IF the customer is nice or if we have his neighbors or if he gave us some referrels we will will cart away a bag of grass and not charge ..

everything in this indistry depends on the neighborhood and customer basically