PDA

View Full Version : Time to start working

DanaMac
03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Well now that the 12" of Tuesday's snow is melting, and the forecast looks good, I CAN WORK AGAIN!!!!!!!!! I'm going nuts lately. But we did work 3 days last week. I bid an add-on job, extend mainline, 2 new drip zones, 1800' of pipe on 5 acres - just ran the 1" to where the new trees will be in place. The landscaper and I figured about 82 hours. Tom and I finished in 42 hours.

D@mn thing posted for no reason on it's own.

So any way, 42 hours instead of 82 = nice profit. But I'm now ready to start doing repairs again.

koster_irrigation
03-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Dont you just love those jobs when you over estimate and it only takes a third of the time! easy digging dirt, you dont break anything underground, all your employees decide today that they'll actually "roll" lol

lawncare18
03-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Dont you love working in the spring when everything is mud and your mudy everyday .. esp with breaks that happ. from over the winter... I know once we fire up the system on the golf course where I am the assistant superintendant at we will have some breaks that happened during the winter..

BSME
03-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm ready to start going as well... calls started coming in.. but only for new installs

so I haven't actually made any money yet because we just got a little fresh snow here...

bids are looking good though

PurpHaze
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
I know once we fire up the system...

I thought for sure that we'd be firing up our 107 controllers starting next week since our weather started getting a little warmer again. However, today it's raining and they're calling for more rain on Tuesday. We normally fire up things around March 1st every year but with the rain we've received over this month we haven't had to fire things up. When we do get everything up and running I'll probably be 25-30 work orders deep within 10 days. Eight hours in a day and one day at a time. :laugh:

DanaMac
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Time to start rolling. Had 20 calls yesterday, and it's already rang twice this morning. May have to do with mailing out 1000 newsletters on Sunday. But it is still cool enough that it sucks getting wet.