PDA

View Full Version : A little Overwhelmed

CompletePropertyCare
03-24-2006, 09:37 AM
So I drop off a brochure and a card etc to a local business thatís owned by a family friend. He calls me and tells me to stop by the shop; he has a list of addresses for me to bid. They have two buildings, so I assumed those were the addresses(s). Nope - both the ownerís homes, both buildings, and one of the owners parents (8 acres) Its all or nothing. I guess this is how the game works Ė not sure if Iím excited or scared $hitless. Probably both.

daveintoledo
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
could be a great opertunity..... try and keep it high....if you have the equipment for it.....

instyle
03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
8 acres. If you don't have anything more than a walkbehind, I would pass on it. Tha last thing you want to do, is dissapoint the guy. You will get more respect from him by saying that you are not equiped for the size of the job. Maybe next year.
If you have the equipment, and you have the time than....more power to you!

EPIC
03-24-2006, 11:08 AM
rad my post about a probert manager i flyered and had to give a bid on 35 accouts some of them appartment complexes

CompletePropertyCare
03-24-2006, 11:41 AM
I just bought a new turf tracer hp 52 in, is this not adequate for an 8 acre lot? Is that mostly because of what I would have to charge?

Freddy_Kruger
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I say Congrats are in order, worst case scenerio, you learn something.

I was once asked to do a window cleaning estimate for CIBC banks. All of them. It took me days of driving around, awkward situations of walking through banks to look at partitions. Then knowing what a cut throat business this is here for commercial work I took the time to get it as accurate as possible.

To make a long story short, they were just seeing if anybody could come up with a lower price than the local Ultra lowballer who was still almost half my price. I have never done a commercial quote for multiple buildings since. I stick to residential, at least in window cleaning and snow.

Not sure what I'll do for lawns but I'm targeting the residential only.

J&R Landscaping
03-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I think that your turf tracer should be good enough to handle that size of property! Many people use 52" riders to cut with so I think your 52" wb should be okay. You may go a bit slower than a rider but you can still handle a pretty large swath!

Lux Lawn
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Sounds like it could turn out to be a great deal.I would go for it,I wish I could get something like that.Consider yourself lucky and take advantage of it.