PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with buckets?

toddq29
03-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I see everyone here seems to use spray units for their sealing, Im wondering what is wrong with doing it with a tank and buckets? I have been doing it this way for years with no complaints. It may take a bit longer and take a little more manual effort, but the results are still great. Did you folks switch to spray units to save time, thus getting more customers, or was there other reasons.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

SealAndCoat
03-25-2006, 10:37 AM
A tank and buckets are fine if you are just starting off. I started off with a 55 gallon drums and buckets. As long as your tank mixes the material, (or you mix the material in the drum before moving it to buckets) you are fine. However, you are going to break your back lugging all those buckets for years. Professional sealcoating units do save time. You just spray the sealer as if you were spray painting. It cuts out a lot of that manual squeegee labor, especially on large commercial jobs. And you can take the tip out of the spray wand and just squirt the sealer onto the driveway and start squeegeeing. This saves a lot of time, effort and labor from having to lug the buckets around. While it is a large investment, you have to see if its for you and where you want to take your business.

toddq29
03-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have been considering picking up a spray unit to help expand a bit. I do over 250 driveways now and 12 parking lots all by bucket and tank. Of course I hire a high school kid to lug the bucket for me:) But with the area I live in being full of condos and growing at a rate of 20% a year, the idea of growing is very interesting for me.

Thanks again,

Todd

SealAndCoat
03-25-2006, 11:45 AM
It sounds like you do a lot of work. A spray unit/tank might not be a bad investment for you. Everybody I know has had nothing but good things to say about the seal-rite units. www.seal-rite.com

I am going to be purchasing an SR700 Extended Deck soon :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

The cheapest spray/trailer unit is about $12k for a 300 gallon. you can find cheaper ones tho.