PDA

View Full Version : Ez Trencher

ripple
03-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Just got my first EZ Trencher!
Edges a bed as fast as you can walk. The unit is meant to be pulled...so your walking backwards and it spits out the debris into the bed...Make sure you edge the BEDS before you put down the mulch.

Unit works great...So much for useing a shovel or edgeing tool and hauling all of the debris away in a wheel barrow!
:dancing:

chriscraft
03-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I get my 1st one this week how much is the ez trencher i got the brown 991H trenchmaster

ripple
03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
If this link works it will show you the unit I just got!
http://www.eztrench.com/be3000.htm

get rich
03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
If you don't mind me asking...how much do those two units run? I am lookin at a bed edger unit ( that is the brand name) It runs about 1600 for the five horse unit in my area. The horse power behind it says alot i think. I rented the ez trencher alot last year and liked it also. So i think it will boil down too dollars and engine make/horse power. Sure does beat the heck outta hand edging. I've operated a bed edger on the side of a walker mower for the company i used to work and that was even better, sitting on your butt edging beds...lol Very short work of big jobs that way. happy edging boys...let me know about the prices, if its not being too nosey. Thanks

ripple
03-24-2006, 10:44 PM
I paid 1800.00 for the one I got brand new...

CrewCutEnterprises
03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I have this one..
http://www.brownmfgcorp.com/bededger/index.html

GREAT THING FOR CLAY.

Problem is on hills or of camber situations, you still need to use a spade.
It is heavy if you are taking it on a truck and lifting it all the time. 9 hp honda on mine, and it will trench for running drain pipe.

BUT!!!!!!.....:cry: Watch out for cable lines, power lines dog fences propane lines..

I got mine last year used for a grand. they are 2200 new, we have done, hmm 4 to 5 cable lines... they eat right though them...

Good luck

ripple
03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up...I hit my first power line today. I asked customer if there were any underground cables or pipes and they stated no but there is power running out to night light out front. They said it should be over 6 " in the ground...well it was literally 1"...I kinda knew where it might be so I went slow in that area and I just got tangled and did not actually break the line. Should I be calling " dig safe" or "one call" before useing this machine?

CrewCutEnterprises
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I dont, Use your discretion. When im near the electric box or the cable box, I use the spade,

See there is no code on TV cable. they can be 1 inch or 8 inches

Elecric and sprinkler should be 6 to 8 inches... But dont always bet on it.

Just watch what you do, and ALways notify the customer, before and after.