PDA

View Full Version : Commercial pricing help

mes37fan
03-24-2006, 08:36 PM
I am new to the lawn care business and would like advice from LCO'S in southwest florida.

I have done quite a bit of research on pricing residential lawns in this area and it ranges anywhere from $70.00 to $100.00 a month for basic lawn service. Mowing, Edging, Trimming and Blowing. Are these accurate figures?

I have a hourly rate for hedge trimming, weed pulling and small tree trimming. I have been told the going rate is between $35.00 and $50.00 per hour. Are these accurate figures?

Lastly, I really need help on pricing a commercial property. I will have to push mow most of the property along with edging, trimming and blowing. I have estimated that it will take approxomately fours each week.
(Annual Contract)
The person is requesting for me to spray round-up around shrubs which would probably take 20 to 25 minutes. I am guessing this person will also want the shrubs to be trimmed when needed. Should I price shrub trimming and spraying weedkiller on an hourly rate. I know I have to account for the cost of the weedkiller. Pricing the basic service is my main issue.

There are so many lawn service companies around here. Is there plenty of work for everyone?

Thank You for any suggestions. :usflag: