PDA

View Full Version : ? for those who distribute>40,000 hangers yr.

bullethead
03-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I have a question for those of you who utilize a constant barrage of door hangers? What is your TRUE response rate? I have gone back and read thread after thread. Many people say 1% i.e. (10 responses per thousand), then I saw a thread where just mow it indicated their response rate was more like 1 or 1.5 per thousand which is a .1% response rate. No offense to those who distribute less, but I really just want to hear from people that put out a lot of these things.

Second question, as your frequency increases, do you see the response rate percentage increase (a little, moderately, or significantly). For example week one you put out 10,000 fliers in a given county or group of subdivisions, then 2 weeks later you hit that same area again and then two weeks later you hit them again. Did you get 3 or 4 calls the first time per 10,000, then 8-10 call the second 10,000 and 40-50 calls the third 10,000 or what?

Thank you very much for any insights

bullethead
03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Anyone? Help an inquiring mind out.

Coreyb
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
we consistantly see a 5-7% call return. so we might get 5% return on calls but may only close 2-3% of them. i have never hit the same houses 2 weeks later. we may go back at the end of the season to push aerating, over seeding, etc. hitting the same people too often is just a waste of time and money. people that are remotely intertested will save your hanger. i have gone to customers homes, sit down to talk and see a flyer or hanger that is 2 years old on their table. initially fliers in the local paper were the most effective, but we have done that 5-6 time is the past few years, so it's run it 's course, not door hangers are the way to go. the downfall - everyone else is dong hangers. make sure yours is professional looking.

Brianslawn
03-28-2006, 04:05 AM
around here if you want a crap load of responses, spend ten grand in yellow page ads. worked for us.