PDA

View Full Version : steep prices

sowstrong
03-25-2006, 02:42 PM
I was looking at w/b's today and stopped by my scag dealer. They had an awsome looking 36" demo in the front. It was a 06 model with floating deck and dual hydro. The thing looked like it could eat rocks. I asked the dealer what the price was and and he said that it was $5500 new and he would seel the demo in june for $4900. I personally thought that was a little steep. What do your guys think?

hackitdown
03-25-2006, 03:09 PM
I'd say that if I were going to spend $5K for a 36" mower, I'd want a ZTR.

chriscraft
03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
i think we paid 4k for our 36 hydro and that was 8 years ago. we dont use any walk behinds now jsut 44" and 60" lasers

Green-Pro
03-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Everything is high priced these days, wake up! lol! We have been looking at new trucks for personal use, king cab F150 4wd. I guess unless you order a basic truck you are stuck with something that is all "pimped" out at the dealer lot. Chrome this and chrome that accents on the interior, who needs that crap and at 42 -45 k sticker no less. I know they are offering incentives, but you'd have to come down a helluva long way IMO to get me to buy new. we planned on buying used anyway, but looked at the new because of incentives and a hailstorm that recently came through the area and nailed this dealer.

Anyway sorry for the rant but point is everything is going up in price, including me :waving:

Mr Budget
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Try looking here great mowers, http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/

for a low price

sowstrong
03-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I really looked good and hard at the samurai 36. It looks like an awsome mower but I only want a 1 mower truck. I figured that the single hydro would limit me in some of the terrain around here and where I am going to be moving (tennessee). If I was mowing just flat areas, I would most likely get it. I need something that it just as maneuverable as a 21' but bigger.

Jay Ray
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Everything is high priced these days, wake up! lol! We have been looking at new trucks for personal use, king cab F150 4wd. I guess unless you order a basic truck you are stuck with something that is all "pimped" out at the dealer lot. Chrome this and chrome that accents on the interior, who needs that crap and at 42 -45 k sticker no less. I know they are offering incentives, but you'd have to come down a helluva long way IMO to get me to buy new. we planned on buying used anyway, but looked at the new because of incentives and a hailstorm that recently came through the area and nailed this dealer.

Anyway sorry for the rant but point is everything is going up in price, including me :waving:

Couldn't agree more. Wish they would make the 1952 models again with a dash that looks like the panel of a Piper Cub. Just goes from point A to point B and hauls, with AM radio option.

Mr Budget
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
It is as maneuverable as a 21 inch you would be surprised how easy this is to operate do a search on this mower or the super duty there both single hido on how it handles its very good up and down hills

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, 5k is a little steep for a 36" wb. However, hydro full floating deck is still gonna cost you a pretty penny.

rlpenny
04-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Yeah, 5k is a little steep for a 36" wb. However, hydro full floating deck is still gonna cost you a pretty penny.
With the Quick 36 wide but short (front to back) design he won't need a floating deck. I too would recommend the Quick 36 as it is every bit as manouverable as a 21 inch trimmer mower and has a powered reverse and is hydro to boot. Very smooth mower that cut my mowing time by slightly more than half.

Dunn's
04-05-2006, 02:04 AM
would you say that the quick thirty six is better than a snapper 32" hydro walk behind.

justanotherlawnguy
04-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the world of commercial equipment...
Sticker shock is a beeeeeeeeatch. I never thought I would spend that much on a mower, but now I have 2: 48 Lazer HP and a 60 Lazer.

It will make your life alot easier, this job is hard enough as it is. Having the right equipment is key. God bless those low ballers hauling around 22" murrays in the back of their ranger.