PDA

View Full Version : Lawn peeling back

Yard
03-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I was doing a cleanup today where large patches of lawn would just peel up with the blower and rake. It's not what you typically see with grub damage, the lawn areas still seem to be green and alive, though it's a little hard to tell this time of year.
This property was treated by chemlawn for many years and by Scott's last year. Maybe that explains it.... Believe it or not they weren't happy and heard "that chemicals might not be so good."
They want a quote for an organic program, and I plan on doing a soil test if I get the account, but I would like to be able to tell them what's causing this. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Drew Gemma
03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
it is most likly grub damage! with the warm weather the grubs are still in the soil I found them when they excavated for my addition. and the racoons are probably eating them up.

nocutting
03-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I was doing a cleanup today where large patches of lawn would just peel up with the blower and rake. It's not what you typically see with grub damage, the lawn areas still seem to be green and alive, though it's a little hard to tell this time of year.
This property was treated by chemlawn for many years and by Scott's last year. Maybe that explains it.... Believe it or not they weren't happy and heard "that chemicals might not be so good."
They want a quote for an organic program, and I plan on doing a soil test if I get the account, but I would like to be able to tell them what's causing this. Any thoughts? Thanks!
After many years, even good lawns can fall tothe effects of a Chemical only plan, Shallow roots, poor irragation practices,lack of soil amendments / conditioners......is this in the shade?........wrong seed selection.........grubs do have a late april-may emergence, though
i've never had that problem with organic turf:usflag:

Microbe
03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
:drinkup: :headphones: Nocutting did you know that I live in the soil? I eat up nutrients in the soil and convert them to plant food! Was getting kinda dark in there though, so I came out for a while......... :) :usflag: :rolleyes: :hammerhead: :weightlifter: :cry:

Yard
03-29-2006, 09:03 AM
After many years, even good lawns can fall tothe effects of a Chemical only plan, Shallow roots, poor irragation practices,lack of soil amendments / conditioners......is this in the shade?........wrong seed selection.........grubs do have a late april-may emergence, though
i've never had that problem with organic turf:usflag:

Yes, a lot of it is in the shade. What do you recommend for seed?