PDA

View Full Version : anyone have pics of built in grills?

YardPro
03-25-2006, 09:07 PM
have a customer that wants to have a pig cooker built into a patio i just did for him. I need some pics of srw built grills for him to get the feel.

I know we will have to line the cooker with firebrick, and he will have a stainless cover, grille, and burner made to his specs..

price is not an issue with this job...
need help with ideas.

thanks

mbella
03-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Steven, not sure if you did a search, but I think this topic was discussed recently. If I remember correctly, there were some good pics.

YardPro
03-26-2006, 08:34 AM
i searched first, but only found one thread with pics from i think it was naturescapes.

i did not know if anybody here had done anything specifically for a pig cooker before.

UNISCAPER
03-26-2006, 11:35 AM
i did not know if anybody here had done anything specifically for a pig cooker before.

Use the basic styles you've seen, and then add the additional size you'll need for a hog baker. If I'm not mistaken your cut out is going to have to be 5' or more wide, which means the reast of the surround has to enlarge.

That's a cool idea though, I might just snag that one for a Hawaiin theme we are working on for one of the starts houses.

YardPro
03-26-2006, 01:42 PM
i'll try to come up with something.. i'll post pics if i get the job.. it will be a really high end custom job, all custom made stainless hood, etc.........

UNISCAPER
03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Yardpro:

You can get a pig roaster, all made up, stainless grille rotissserie, etc at Bullbbq.com

With that large of a cut out, you are going to need some pretty steel in the top, and honsetly, I might sell them a 1.25" thick slab of granite, and put grease rail around where you would carve the pig by routing a rail of granite then epoxying it to the top.

YardPro
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks for the link. and the tips. I'll be talking with him later this week.

We have already takled materials for the top.
he is a friend of the locak stoneyard owner, so he will be buying the stone from him.