PDA

View Full Version : My Truck

stuffdeer
03-26-2006, 01:26 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT2498.jpg

Ok, Now before anyone says anything, just listen for a minute.

I am only 15, and getting into the buisness this year.

Within the next month or so, I'll have a 5x8 trailer, Back-pack blower, Edger, Trimmer, and 21" mower.

And quick question. When does the mowing season usually start in Southern Michigan?

Thanks, Mike

duke99
03-26-2006, 02:33 AM
stuff deer - where about's are you in Southgate?? im right next door to you ... in Lincoln Park ..

iluvscag
03-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Don't expect to pull anything heavy.

stuffdeer
03-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I know, It's only a 4 cyclinder. I've pulled an 18' boot with it, and the only thing was stopping. I might have a brake controller installed for instances like that. That's why I'm only planning on a 5x8 trailer.

Duke- I'm located off Eureka.

MMLawn
03-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I know, It's only a 4 cyclinder. I've pulled an 18' boot with it, and the only thing was stopping. I might have a brake controller installed for instances like that. That's why I'm only planning on a 5x8 trailer.

Duke- I'm located off Eureka.

The State of Michigan allows you to drive and tow at only 15? Wow, you sure couldn't do that in NC. You can't even get your drivers license until 16 and then it is a "graduated" step type license still that only allows certain types of driving and hours that adjust each year up until 17-18. Personally I think that is probably also a good plan. This NOT intended directly at you at all young man, but I'm not sure any 15 year with so little driving experience should be pulling an 18' anything behind a truck, esp a little truck that doesn't have the pulling or stopping power needed for such.

stuffdeer
03-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, Sorry, I didn't need to know I had to Completey explain myself. I can't get my license until I'm 16, but I do have my permit. In Michigan, you can drive when your 16, but not from 12-5 in the morning...Unless going to or from Employment or with an adult.

And towing the 18' foot boat was stupid, but we were on vacation and our f-150 7700 was in the shop.

Thanks, Mike

P.S. I've been towing things with my Dad since I was 5, And acually helping move things around the yard and on Vacation since I was 10. So I do have SOME expirence

MMLawn
03-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm not cutting on you dude, I just say in general young inexperienced drivers shouldn't be doing certain types of driving is all. That "experience" of moving stuff around in the yard and driving down and interstate at 70mph pulling a trailer is totally different animals.

But anyway, good luck and that truck, while small is much nicer than my first vehicle was.......a 1963 VW Beetle. :laugh:

J&R Landscaping
03-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Doesn't look to bad! Are you thinging bout a 36" commercial walk behind mower or anything along thos lines? If not, I would say save the money and just use the back of the truck! For a 21", trimmer, and blower, you should have more than enough room!
That truck will serve its purpose and save you money on gas. I started with a dodge dakota and it got me going without any difficulty!

stuffdeer
03-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Acually, Yes, Probably around June or July, I will be buying a 32" or a 36" WB.

Thanks Everyone!

phototropic1
03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Some of the posts here have been a bit on the negative side.:nono: I think some of these guys might be a little intimidated by a 15 year old with so much initiative. At least it seems that way to me. As for what a 15 year old is capable of.....I've seen some 25 year olds who barely know how to get out of bed and tie their shoes without being lorded over by a cattle prod wielding "grown-up". And I've seen 12 year olds who have enough maturity and wit to run an entire household. Though age MIGHT be one indication that you are inexperienced, it does NOT prove it. I'm sure you've been brought up with a good work ethic and know how to do things others twice your age don't (don't take this as license to be cocky, though!) And, you'll learn so much more from this experience.
Good luck to you! Try to invest only what you can afford. That will make for some more restful nights. Like one poster said, you may not even need a trailer at this point. Give that some thought.
And remember..........slow and steady wins the race!!!:clapping:

Lawn Masters
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
it might not be the very best thing to have, but its FAR better than mine, an 83 Ford ranger with a 2.0 that cant even get out of its own way let alone anyone elses.

age is but a number, what you know, and how you use what you know is what makes the difference.

Jake's Lawn Service
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I am in Auburn Hills, about 45 minutes north of southgate and linkin park

FearThisDeere
03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
that truck will be fine. Far better than it could be for sure. It will handle that 5x8 without a problem. Good luck!

stuffdeer
03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks! Everyone is so great on this site.

There's a lot of Lawn Services around here.

I haven't even been advertising and have 3 signed and contracted customers, my goal is to have 10 by the end of the season.

And anyone, When does the season start, like when Should I start cutting.

lawnmaniac883
03-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Start cutting when you see the grass grow...