PDA

View Full Version : Toro Proline 52

homemwr
05-01-2001, 09:03 PM
Just purchased a used (I believe 1989) Toro Proline 52" floating deck. It has the 12.5" Kawasaki traction unit. I will use it to mow 1.25 acres with lots of oak trees. I just tried it yesterday, and it didn't appear that much faster than my old tractor. Though I didn't mow the area with all of the trees. How fast should I be able to mow this yard (~40 oaks and some other misc. trees.) The lot is outlined with ~100 pines so the mowing area is smaller still. With all the shade, my grass in MN is not that thick. Will this mower be able to pull a sulky? What are the maintenance do's and dont's with this unit. I would like to pull a sweeper to pick up both acorns (last year over 500 gallons) and mulched leaves (after mowing in circles and chopping.) I was thinking about a rectangular shaped structure that I could walk inside and mount a wheel that swivels at the back where the sweeper could tow from. Any better ideas - other than a used Trac-Vac? What works best on acorns or can I just leave them?

What set-up of double blades would work best for leaves? It did come with a handmade mulch plate, but no deck baffles.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jeff

edward hedrick
05-04-2001, 10:01 PM
I had a 44 Toro w 14hp Vanguard, I tried a 470 Trac vac.had
no problem with a trailing sulky. for mulching try some of
toros Recycling parts, Check the tension of the belt from
engine to trans. Some times I had to tow the trailer to pick up things.