PDA

View Full Version : What spring clean-up's consist of?

RACERB
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
How much do you do for the people?How much is to much?thanks Brian

chriscraft
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
we do wahtever they want, there is no set list for a cleanup. i would say minimum would be clean up any sticks leaves form the winter , cut short bag and leave, trim edge blow off obviously, xtras, redefining beds, trimming shrubs, trees, aerating , overseeding , dethatching, rolling , new mulch, cutting down last years perenials. hope this helps

Blade-o-grass
03-26-2006, 06:00 PM
What I call a spring clean-up is simply cleaning up the leaves, and trimming the hedges if they ask for it. I blow them out of the beds and then bag them up with a mower. I charge double what a mow cost but I believe that I should charge three times a mow because of how long it takes to do it.

JJLandscapes
03-26-2006, 08:09 PM
cleanups here are 5-7x more for than a weekly mow
basically every landscaper in my area does the same

edge and clean beds
dethatch
edge the lawn with edger not weedwacker
and remove left over leaves and do a cut

lugnut#6
03-26-2006, 08:32 PM
clean ups here consist of removing the debris.like roofs,cars,piers,walls,ceiling fans,window frames,chain link fence,misc Sheetrock,bricks,and 2x4s from the yard.then rake up all the picture frames,figurines,and other mementos the home owner my have missed and return to them.then rake up the stucco pieces,broken glass and lil pieces of Sheetrock and landscape rocks.pull up all the landscaping killed by the storm surge.pile that by the street with the rest of it.

meanwhile try not to let the customer see you crying while doing all this.
i charge em what i think they can afford.usually around 250-500.00 for 8-16 hours of back braking labor.listen to em tell me how bad they were screwed over by their insurance company and relate my own stories to them.hug em and wish them well.

thats the post Katrina cleanup

lawnboyri1
03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
In my area, clean-ups consist of the following:

lawnboyri1
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Dethatch lawn
Blow out beds and blow out lawn
Edge beds and turn them over
Cut lawn
Clean-up along curbing
Mulch
Fertilizer and/or lime

no1knosme12203
03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
clean ups here consist of removing the debris.like roofs,cars,piers,walls,ceiling fans,window frames,chain link fence,misc Sheetrock,bricks,and 2x4s from the yard.then rake up all the picture frames,figurines,and other mementos the home owner my have missed and return to them.then rake up the stucco pieces,broken glass and lil pieces of Sheetrock and landscape rocks.pull up all the landscaping killed by the storm surge.pile that by the street with the rest of it.

meanwhile try not to let the customer see you crying while doing all this.
i charge em what i think they can afford.usually around 250-500.00 for 8-16 hours of back braking labor.listen to em tell me how bad they were screwed over by their insurance company and relate my own stories to them.hug em and wish them well.

thats the post Katrina cleanup

Pretty much, same here! except we didn't have a high surge in the neighborhood I cut. 0" - 4ft. in the neighborhoods I cut, but the debris pick up is still very hardwork. Its a pain to prep the lawns to cut for the rest of the year with all the sheetrock,nails,glass,frames,sticks,wood, and many other objects in the yard. Pretty much same price, but it is alot harder work than normal lawn service/cleanups lol ! Good luck to you!

Nick

lugnut#6
03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
i got 7 punctures in 1 yard.im using the ultravac to pickup the sheetrock and stucco pieces.if i pull up and see a new roof i know im going to pleasants tires for plugs.