PDA

View Full Version : any one help me PSD

RSK2
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
hi guys

here is my ??? i am looking at a 1997 ford f350 PSD 7.3 dump.
it is a nice truck but it needs new injectors can you just fix the one
that is bad or do you have to put all new 8 injectors in the truck? the
truck has 102.563 mils on it they went $ 16,996 but it needs work.
has a rat pack on it to and pto dump 4x4 how much would you pay for
this truck and how much would you pay for it any info thanks
:dizzy:

UNISCAPER
03-26-2006, 05:18 PM
For that kind of money they need to disount the price or fix the truck. You can get injectors rebuilt, you can also get them new, and they are not cheap.

I only know pricing for IDI 7.3, but basically you are at $450.00 for a pump and about $100.00 per injector.

Lawn Masters
03-26-2006, 06:29 PM
I'd say for the price they're asking, they should fix the injector before you buy.

RSK2
03-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I'd say for the price they're asking, they should fix the injector before you buy.

any of you know were i can get a price on a website for the parts thanks

biglawndog
03-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Heres a link to a ford forum. They can help you out. Go to the forums section

www.ford-trucks.com

RSK2
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
hi guys

if any one would like to see this truck go on heckmanauto.com on page
5 red 97 ford dump let me know what is a good price for this truck

MysticLandscape
03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Does it come with the plow?, I think that is kind of high, I think around here it might go for around 14k.

RSK2
03-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Does it come with the plow?, I think that is kind of high, I think around here it might go for around 14k.

no plow for the truck did you see the website :confused:

MysticLandscape
03-26-2006, 09:46 PM
no plow for the truck did you see the website :confused:

I did, but you never know, Sometimes I see trucks with plow frames but the ad does not mention anything about the plow but it does come with it. Without a plow 16k is too high.

I know its two different animals but i paid 8k for my truck, 1 1/2 years ago it came with a plow, 62k miles, and a gas job. It did need a new manifold and that cost me $450.

stroker51
03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
I would go ahead and replace all 8 injectors, I think you can get a set of performance injectors, which are rebuilt, but better and cheaper than ford injectors for around $1000 i think at www.beansdieselperformance.com. I would definately try to get them down at least the cost of injectors on the price. It makes no sense to take off the valve cover and everything else to get to it and only replace one injector, might as well do a whole set, and maybe glow plugs while you are there. Good luck with the truck, I have 170K on my 96 F250, and I will never be without at least one PSD again, they are awesome trucks.

efaubert1
03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm a PSD lover, and that is too high a price for the amount of work it needs. You'll have close to $20k in it with repairs and sales tax. Heck, just buy this and be done!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/L8000-Ford-Dump-truck-landscaping-asphalt-snow-plow_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63734QQitemZ4625366270QQrdZ1

RSK2
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm a PSD lover, and that is too high a price for the amount of work it needs. You'll have close to $20k in it with repairs and sales tax. Heck, just buy this and be done!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/L8000-Ford-Dump-truck-landscaping-asphalt-snow-plow_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63734QQitemZ4625366270QQrdZ1

that is a nice truck i might put a bid in for it

lwcmattlifter
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I think there are some misconceived notions here. First, performance injectors won't do a thing for you without a good chip. If you go that route you get a set of rebuilt injectors with larger nozzles. Second, performance injectors are cool but not in a work truck. Injectors + heavy dump truck = lots of broken parts and short engine life. If you want this truck to be reliable get a good chip set up for heavy towing, gauges and a downpipe.

Can you fix just one injector? Yes and I would only fix the bad ones. It's very rare that all the injectors are bad. Good reman injectors from Alliant Power run $215-240 each plus a core. You can get new Alliant Power injectors for just under $300 each. Alliant Power is the only supplier of injectors for Ford and International powerstroke and T444E engines. Are you certain that the truck has a bad injector? A bad wiring harness can cause an injector(s) not to fire. It's kind of uncommon to have more than one bad injector. Has the dealer run a system scan on the truck? What was the cylinder contribution results?

Lastly, that truck is way overpriced. If the truck is in really extremely good condition aside from the injector issue and has the heavy GWVR, 15-15,500 would be fair. Which wheel base, trans, and gear ratio does the truck have?

Mowingandmore
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I basicly have the same truck but it is a 95 and has a plow if you interested let me know its a little cheaper. mowingandmore@comcast.net

stroker51
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry, shoulda mentioned that a chip or programmer is needed to get the full advantage of bigger injectors. But i think I will have to disagree that performance injectors will lead to breaking more parts and shorter engine life. Any performance modification, other than maybe a straight pipe and intake, can/will do this depending on how the truck is driven. I have heard a couple of horror stories of guys with the EDGE evolution in their PSD's and toasting an engine, because they either didnt keep an eye on their EGT's, or didnt have a gauge to watch. A good friend of mine has a 94 F350 4x4 (basically the same truck only no dump) that he pulls a 24' enclosed trailer with to races all over the country. Truck has 250K, with Swamps performance injectors (whatever the mid-range ones are) a 4 position custom chip, downpipe, straight pipe and air box. He has power when he wants it, but gets BETTER fuel mileage now than he did stock if he drives it sensibly. O yeah, it competes in, and finishes top 5, at several local truck pulls every summer. Any performance enhancing modification can lead to breaking stuff, a lot, if you don't drive sensibly. I just know that when the time for my injectors to get changed rolls around here in 20K or so, I am going w/ Beans Stage I's, and trading my EDGE for a custom chip. I also know that I am not gonna pull my valve covers to change 1 measly injector, why not put in all new ones and glow plugs so that you KNOW everything is new and good?

stroker51
03-29-2006, 09:39 PM
RSK, one more question, do you know for sure that it has an injector problem? I know that these injectors should last for 150-200K, keyword is should. Just curious as to if this is just what they are telling you or if you know this for sure, like waht is the truck doing to make you think this?

RSK2
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
RSK, one more question, do you know for sure that it has an injector problem? I know that these injectors should last for 150-200K, keyword is should. Just curious as to if this is just what they are telling you or if you know this for sure, like waht is the truck doing to make you think this?

they said that was the problem with the truck buy i think there is
more things Wong with the truck. They had the truck for a long time
so i am not going to buy the truck i will find a better truck some time
thanks for all the info you guys have help me with thanks :waving: :cool2: