PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Not Working

jetcleaned
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
ive been promoting my bussiness threw tear off sheets bussiness cards yard signs and newspaper and ive been advertised for about a month now and i havent even got one call help me out

nephilim0167
03-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Nothing changes if nothing changes. Try something new. Door hangers/flyers? I gaurantee if you start talking to people and involving yourself you'll get a better response.

jetcleaned
03-26-2006, 09:44 PM
ive tried doorhangers to once. if land a couple accounts ill be good because i know lawncare is best advertised by word of mouth i just need to land some accounts first

kosty
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
same here did about 6 estimates and got one supposly signed but havent seen it yet. Going to put some tear off sheets out tommarow and some flyers and doorhangers by the end of the week or first of next week

topsites
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm in virginia and I can tell you from experience the dookie doesn't hit the fan until april. I've got my ad running, 3-4 calls so far, mostly tire-kickers / window shoppers / lowballers (translation: no work from that).

All my work so far this year has been left-over from last year stuff.
They say the first year is the hardest, and we haven't had any rain, the ground is dry as a fart.
The temps are warming, but we need it in the 70's for 2 weeks solid before plant life awakens.
That, and we need some rain here: Try washing and waxing your car, this helps.
Only thing growing is weeds, and even that is hardly doing much.
But don't worry, it's right around the corner, I can feel the itch to work too.
Hang in there, it will come.

sheshovel
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
jetcleaned..what is your business?

1MajorTom
03-27-2006, 12:01 AM
ive been promoting my bussiness threw tear off sheets bussiness cards yard signs and newspaper and ive been advertised for about a month now and i havent even got one call help me out
are you looking to get into the lawn care business, or are you talking about exterior stain removal and pressure washing, etc?

chriscraft
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Its early give it time, Plus economy isnt great, anyone with a truck and a 21 is pro now right? No ne i think is harder than us, detroit are has bookoo gm ford chrysler layoffs, few have xtra disposable income, and seems like the laid off peeps buy a mower and start buisiness (they are here today , gone tomorrow)
but i think its hitting the indusry very hard in michigan. We arent losing many current customers but i donthtink we are picking up as many as we should be. I keep 2 of my boats at a hotel marina on the lake here. Ive cut them for 10 years, cut avgs the same as boat wells for the season almost. They cancelled this wekk. WHY? they both work for fords , both laid off, and are buying a tractor and doing themselves. But it will get better it always does , give it time jet its still march