PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing alot of big estimates this year???

mrusk
03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I do not know what it is, but i seem to be looking at alot of big jobs this year.

I'm still working on a guy for a 15k install. I have a almost 20k deck/pergalas bid i am working on. I am acctually meeting them for the 2nd time this week. Also have a 10,500 paver pool pad on the table.

I bid a 3300 sq paver driveway which was in the mid 20s. Didn't get that one. It seemed that guy was just price shopping.

Ran a estimate yesterday where the lady needed proably 20-25k in retaining walls, thought she could get it done for 5k. WTF.

Then this morning i looked at a 2600sq paver patio/driveway and a 300 sq face foot reinforced retaining wall. With 550 sq of concrete rip out and 1800sq and pavement driveway to rip out, you can imagine what #s i am near for that one! I gave the guy my prices an hour ago and he said he thought i was a little high, but i explained why i was high, and he said he would talk it over with his wife. We will see. If i get this, i will do well on it.

I also signed some smaller walls/walkways in between these estimates. So i am guessing the economy is pretty good, or people in my area deal crack.

LB Landscaping
03-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Congrats!!!:cool2:
Same here just bid a HUGE retaining wall at a local college, a total renovation at a residential (I mean EVERYTHING changing). Going on two bids tomorrow one sounds like it will be good size, and have 7 good sized planting jobs lined up to do as soon as the ground is fully thawed. Looks like its gonna be a good year!!!!

kosty
03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
man I must be doing something wrong. Got nothing except one spring clean-up

Green-Pro
03-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Two retaining walls three paver patios, got a call today from a client that wants to go ahead with a small patio (300 sq ft) and additions to a perennial bed (50 plants). We have a tear out of some shrubs and install new ones, two medium sized plant beds to do. This is in addition to all our property maintenance, fert & squirt, mulch, etc.
I made the comment to my wife earlier to day, sure seems like things are picking up right where they left off late last fall. Actually more like even busier than last fall. Good problems to have:)

Jpocket
03-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I get all kinds of "Good" and "Big" estimates, but I never get any of them, and I believe my closing skills are as good as any.

mrusk
03-27-2006, 08:23 PM
I haven't closed the deal on any of these big estimates either.