PDA

View Full Version : eXmark 36" - sanity check before I buy

30ftup
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Guys, have only used smaller mowers up until this point. I have the opportunity to purchase this mower for $2000.00. The guys says he only used it once and it was just to big for his property. He says he paid $2600.00 new last year.

Does all seem right?

Please advise and thanks.

Mike

northernsvc's
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
look at the muffler and under the deck for wear and rust, does it have an hour meter on it? what kinda engine?

mcwlandscaping
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
please get more info about the year of it, engine size and engine brand. i noticed that it is a pistol grip unit, and it looks like the instructions are still wrapped around the velke, but deffinatly check the unit out more closely, if it looks good, maybe offer a little less and see where that gets you. looks good from the pic but, that sure can be decieving!! good luck, eXmark has good stuff

30ftup
03-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the help. I found out it is a Kawasaki with a 13 horsepower engine Is this the standard engine?

Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Jake's Lawn Service
03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
It was the standard engine a couple years ago, but they offer 15hp models now too.

30ftup
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Did the 2005 models have a 13hp engine or the 15hp? Sounds like even though he is selling this as "bought last year and only used once", that he might have bought it used.

What was the standard engine on the 2005?

Thanks

Runner
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
You want a simple remedy? Gte the numbers off of it, and call Exmark. They will be able to tell you exactly what year it was manufactured. That will give you a closer idea. It IS possible that this unit was sold a year after the model year. That is not that uncommon. It looks like a nice unit, though.

EPIC
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
seems pricey to me i cant say exmark it a bad brand but i dont like pistal grips . if i were you i would go for a good used t bar walkbehind.I bought a 2000 36'' toro with two wheel sulky that is in perfect running order and was very very well kept whole thing runs fist time every time and i only payed $1050.00

EPIC
03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
oh and if u are wanting a good walkbehind i hear from alot of people and am thinking about getting one my self is the quick36 made by better mowers it supposed to be the best out thier.

justanotherlawnguy
03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
I would say it is older than that. I have the same mower that I got in 2003 with the 12.5 kawasaki. It is hard to see, but that engine looks a little older, the air filter looks to be on the front of the engine, mine is on the sides.

I dare say also that ECS is pretty much standard on all Metros now, so if he got it last year, it probably would have had ECS controls.

My guess is it is at least 4 years old and probably worth $500. That machine does not have an hour meter so it will be hard to tell.

Like the other guy said, call eXmark to find out for sure.

Honestly, who buys a machine and uses it once and then sells it? Nobody....

newz7151
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
I would say it is older than that. I have the same mower that I got in 2003 with the 12.5 kawasaki. It is hard to see, but that engine looks a little older, the air filter looks to be on the front of the engine, mine is on the sides.

I dare say also that ECS is pretty much standard on all Metros now, so if he got it last year, it probably would have had ECS controls.

My guess is it is at least 4 years old and probably worth $500. That machine does not have an hour meter so it will be hard to tell.

Like the other guy said, call eXmark to find out for sure.

Honestly, who buys a machine and uses it once and then sells it? Nobody....

Or just post the serial number in this thread.. and SOMEBODY can probably tell you when it was sold and to whom. The first time anyway.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Guys, have only used smaller mowers up until this point. I have the opportunity to purchase this mower for $2000.00. The guys says he only used it once and it was just to big for his property. He says he paid $2600.00 new last year.

Does all seem right?

Please advise and thanks.

Mike

Mike at that price why not pay just a little bit more and get a brand new 36" Metro. Heck, Exmark is running a 90 day no interest 120 day no pay option right now. Take the moeny that you would being using to pay for the other one and holdon to it. Get working saving some additinal cash, and pay it off before the 120 days. If you buy now that would be around July before the time is up. It gives youtime to make some money first. Also, will help you establish credit (if you need it). I did this last year myself. Bought 36" had it paid off by end of the year. This year I bought a 52" the same way. Just my .02.