PDA

View Full Version : Heres my LOGO!

Full throttle lawn care
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
What do you guys think?

ECS
03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Personally, I think it looks too much like a cartoon and makes me think that someone is recklessly speeding around on the lawn. Again, this is just my first impression of it and my opinion only.

Full throttle lawn care
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I know this logo breaks the mold to the typical Ben & jerrys lawn care but I wanted to stand out from the crowd and just maybe put a smile on someones face. :)

Runner
03-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Mmm,......I don't know. With a name like "Full Throttle", and based on a service business, there may be some bad connotation there. If it were a racing team, or a speed shop or something, I could perhaps see it. I DO like the graphics, though! It's pretty cool, and this logo is NOT going to break you. I mean, you are not going to shut down just because of your logo. You can definitely make this a go.

fga
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
i think he needs a work hat, maybe a work T shirt.
reminds of Greenmonster's logo at first glance.

he added a hat, shirt, and some boots to the monster/lizard... it works in the service aspect of the logo (on top of it riding a mower).

like the the gator is serviceing the yard, instead of eating the landscaper then stealing his mower:)

could use alittle tweaking, but pretty cool, and definitely original.

Critical Care
03-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Uh huh, so what image do you want to portray? For a logo, which is likely to be associated with the nature of the business, I’m with the other guys in thinking that there may be a caveat here.

When you see a Nascar automobile with tons of advertising logos on them there is generally one predominant sponsor’s logo, such as Tide, or Penzzoil, or Quaker State… How would it be if you kept the very nice graphics on your trailer or truck, but just make it minor to a logo that’s a hair more tame?

Carolina Cuts
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
IMO... I'll credit the artwork... it's definately good. But if you wanna put smiles on peoples faces... you might wanna loose the croc's teeth.... he looks mean and ready to eat someone. :dancing:

like the the gator is serviceing the yard, instead of eating the landscaper then stealing his mower
*LOL*

Splicer
03-27-2006, 06:42 PM
You'd be crazy NOT to use that! Its PERFECT!!! And if you don't want it, can I have it? That is EXACTLY what I have been looking for brother!

Full throttle lawn care
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
It does appears that I'm tearing the grass up a little and people just might think if you call me I'll do the same to your grass. So to put peoples minds at ease I'm now offering a LOVE YOUR LAWN PACKAGE! It's in the paper but I have know clue whats in the package yet. LOL

Full throttle lawn care
03-28-2006, 12:11 AM
BUMP!!!! Any more? It's looking like a toss up?

Lawn Pilot
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
For a Florida lawn care biz. I think it looks great.

Full throttle lawn care
03-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Ya,I don't think it would work anywhere else but here? But you never know?

topsites
03-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I like it, it did give me that hint of aggressiveness but if you're hip with that, it's cool because I'm all about that.

The only thing is be careful and turn out a good-looking yard because the faster I work, the more work I can get done in the time their money pays for: most of my customers are amazed at how much gets done and are pleased to see that their 30 minutes they paid 35 dollars for was money well spent ! So what if I'm racing, that's how things get done :rolleyes:

Far as the evil grin, well I'd like to see someone on my mower see if it don't bring a mean grin to their face, but if the mower don't do it maybe some 90-degree weed-eating thick brush?

It's all part of who you are and what you want to be seen as...
If this is you, I say stick with it.
It won't hurt you, not really...

There is only one thing might come around from time to time and that's because it being a cartoon, might give some the impression that you're a Joe-mow-and-go (unprofessional) guy... But I have no logo and I get some of that crap my way, too... so...

Full throttle lawn care
03-28-2006, 01:20 AM
My whole theory behind my logo was to make people remember me and my name and to stand out from the crowd. I'm just trying to be that red car in a sea of white,black,silver cars.

Grn Mtn
03-28-2006, 09:53 AM
So how does a Florida Guy know about Vermont ice cream? Besides the FACT that it is the best!

Okay, Logo critique time:

Overall I like it, it gets your attention and fits in with your locale. It needs color though, and different 'line weights'. The flag needs to show movement(make it wavy), the aggressive teeth are fine because it says your going to attack the lawn with gusto, the top corner of the ROPS is squared and rounded? -make it rounded. The grass behind the mower should be nice and level, after-all you just cut it!

Gatewayuser
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Its ok but I think it looks like you will come in and just try to get the job done as fast as you can not even caring about the lawn. I looks like the gator is doing burnouts on the turf and is being reckless and about to flip the mower. I know that I have gotten many jobs because of people going to fast and being flighty when mowing.
I'm not trying to be harsh just speaking reality, it does look sharp though!

Freddy_Kruger
03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I know ppl like Fast Food I'm not so sure Fast Lawn mowing would be a seller.

All_Clear
03-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Lighten up people...

You all need to go cut some grass, your reading into things to much with all this time on your hands.

Sorry if you dont see a FL LCO's humor in a Gator mowing like he's a "rat rodder" The guy is trying to stand out unlike most, why be another cookie cutter boring LCO :sleeping: . Guess it's just hard for some to think outside the box.

If a customer is worried about the Fast gator, burnin out, almost flipping the mower logo as some say they are probably up tight @ssholes that you really dont want to work for anyhow.

It looks good... For a FL LCO. Stands out and is bound to be noticed.

All_Clear

dtelawncare
03-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I like it. Yes, it is a little aggresive. I understand you want people to get a good hard look at your business name. Do a good quality job and customers will be telling their friends about your gator. Maybe tone the teeth down though.
Go for it