PDA

View Full Version : cyclone or dr lawn vacuum

SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE
03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
wanting to buy a lawn vacuum any suggestions on these 2 or does anyone know of a better vacuum,thanks

Runner
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
he Cyclone by far. Look at storage, the prop system, and a whole host of other things.

mike lane lawn care
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
the cyclone will put less strain on your hydros, i was thinking about one, but the leaf shreder and mulcher kit is only like $210

CC Lawncare
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
the cyclone will put less strain on your hydros, i was thinking about one, but the leaf shreder and mulcher kit is only like $210
Mike, Are you referring to the CYCLONE RAKE? I have a Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro. What shredder and mulcher kit do you mean?:confused:

mike lane lawn care
03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
the cyclone tow behind bagger system. most of the brands of mower offer a type of mulching system. my machine offers mulching kit but special "Eliminator" blades can be put on and a leaf shredder kit can be applied.
http://simplicitymfg.com/pa_blades.html
http://simplicitymfg.com/pa_specialty.html#9

zim bob the landscaper
03-27-2006, 10:24 PM
the cyclone rake is the best i got a trac vac and i saw one on here for 500 and that is cheaper than the one i got i was so pissed i wish i could take that money back and buy that. this is why i shouldent rush.

SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE
03-27-2006, 11:19 PM
thanks everyone the cyclone was the one i was looking at just wanted to get your professional views

jeffv
04-14-2006, 08:47 PM
If this helps you any, I had the DR Leaf Vac. I sent the thing back because it was junk. I now have the CR Pro and love it. Much better then the DR.

bjlawn1
04-14-2006, 11:23 PM
If this helps you any, I had the DR Leaf Vac. I sent the thing back because it was junk. I now have the CR Pro and love it. Much better then the DR.

What did you not actually like about the dr leaf vac when you say it is junk.

Aadman
04-15-2006, 08:07 AM
I have the cyclone rake commercial pro with the estate hoses. I love it.
The hoses are great for cleaning out flower/mulch beds and perfect for vacuuming out leaves embedded in ivy. Be careful though it will remove the mulch and take you straight to removing soil. Very powerful...

The cyclone works well being towed behind the lawn tractor as well.

I did a cleanup last week...53 bags of leaves....1 man, 1 day...$360.00
Could not have done it without the CR.

I did this work in a neighborhood I have not advertised in. From that yard cleanup I have received 2 lawn contracts and request for 2 additional clean up quotes.

Joe

jeffv
04-15-2006, 11:45 PM
What did you not actually like about the dr leaf vac when you say it is junk.
After only using the machine 3 times to do leaves, it seemed like I was fighting with it more then using it. The hoses they use are cheap. The one going into the impeller, when it sucked something up that it could'nt grind fast it would spin around tearing the hose. The one going into the container would always pop out, that also had holes in it. The bagging system they sell is horrible, they would always collapse. I even tried huge binder clips to hold everything together. Once the unit was full if you tried to dump it you still had to unload most of it by hand. I think the only positive thing I liked about it was the engine had plenty of power. This machine may work for some people but I had a very bad experience with it and would not recommend it to anyone.