PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer help

mcwlandscaping
03-27-2006, 04:10 PM
i have figured that the best option for me right now is an enclosed trailer, we have so much in our backyard, (parents shed, big pool, and trampoline) to be able to build a big enough shed for me, so, im at the point where the enclosed trailer is looking to be my best option. My question is, what size do you think will suit me the best with what i have in my signiture, keep in mind, ill have shelving units up front for small stuff, but pretty much everything will go in my trailer and be stored there too, what i need to know is a good size to start with and what i should expect to pay for a new one and what should i expect to pay for a used one in that size. I would of course need the heavy duty rear ramp gate, and a side door would be nice. And any other things i should look for or need, please let me know, this will be happening soon so i would appreciate some answers, thanks

mike

qualitylawnmanagement
03-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey buddy, you should go for an 16ft or bigger I think. If you go anything smaller you'll grow out of it too quick.

mcwlandscaping
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
bump, common guys, help would be greatly appreciated

MMLawn
03-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Get as BIG as you can a) afford and b) have the truck to pull it with. Even if you don't need it now you might later.

True Example: I went this afternoon to look at a new 8'x20' enclosed for my traveling crew. I ended up deciding on a 8.5'x28' because in the end it wasn't but like $300 more and side by side it made the 20' look not big enough.

TWUllc
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Buy a truck 1st. I wouldn't waste the money on an enclosed on anything less then a 16 or 18 footer. Buy a 12 foot open, and build 4 foot high walls on it. Throw a tarp over your 48" at nite. Problem solved.

mcwlandscaping
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
not really, you must not be familiar with the New England winters. but thats besides the point, i absolutly hate relying on tarps to protect $3k pieces of equipment or even $400 ones for that matter. i want something weather tight, that will protect the equipment. Will be towing with dads 1996 GMC suburban 2500, with the monster 350 vortec in it until i get my own truck this august. thanks guys

samk
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
14 at least. if this is going to be your buisness then you will end up filling it. would lean more towards a 16.

mcwlandscaping
03-28-2006, 12:15 AM
minimum of a 16 footer, shooting for an 18 footer, anyone have either for sale? would really prefer to buy one used as it will be my first enclosed trailer, PM me or my email is mcwlandscaping@yahoo.com, cell number is 603-557-4667, don't know how far ill be able to travel to get it, just looking for some options right now as opposed to new, not ready to buy yet......

keep the suggestions comming! thanks

TWUllc
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Where do you keep your stuff now?

mcwlandscaping
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
hard to explain, think of it like this, we have a small shed that my parents use, i have built two lean toos on the side of it, they use tarps as weather barriers and have a wooden roof over them, they let in moisture, animals, everything, my equipment shows rust very quickly becuase of this, just making my job of taking care of the equipment that much more difficult.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree that a 16' at least...as for buying used, in my area the used ones are high priced...I bought a new one for what some of the used were selling for....the expensive used had LED lights and other "cadillac" accessories that I didn't think are necessary....you will need to check around your area...be sure to check everywhere and compare the important specs..floors...frame size...axles.. etc.

zim bob the landscaper
03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
well u have to have room for it when u talked to me on AIM u said a 16' was to big for u.

qualitylawnmanagement
03-28-2006, 05:39 PM
That 18ft is going to be a pita hauling around, 16ft for an enclosed is just right for turning around. But if the 16 isn't going to big enough then go for the 18ft or bigger. Just watch out on your turns. Around here I can get 16ft's for $4500, you'll end up paying that used. Good luck on your purchase and this season.

mcwlandscaping
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
OK, won't be getting the trailer right away, have to finish off paying for my eXmark first and refilling a couple hundred bucks into my bank account first, but with the way things have started and are going, that shouldn't take too long!!, looks like 16 feet is going to be the way to go, i am almost finished putting in a smaller gravel driveway on our side yard that will be PERFECT for this, as the time gets closer ill be asking about what you think of certain brands and things i should get with the trailer but, shout em out now!! thanks guys!

mike