PDA

View Full Version : Logo Opinions

Cut2TheQuick
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, I would like your opinions on this logo concept. My question is, at a quick glance, can you tell that I am a lawn company?

http://www.cut2thequick.com/cut2logo.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Remsen1
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Yes. It's pretty catchy. Not only can I pick up that you're a mowing company, but I found myself wanting to stare at it like it was a puzzle that I had to figure out. The way I have thought about whether a logo is good is to take the words out and do you still know what the company does? If the logo is primarily words with only graphical clues (the graphics don't come out and spell it out) mix up the letters and see if people can guess what the business does, quickly. One exeption would be if the logo is only letters. In this case I would reccommend only one or two syllables and they better describe exactly what you do or you better spend a lot of money on marketing so they know you just by name (ie. pepsi, xerox, cat, klenex etc) .

davep
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
If you do more than maintenance, why limit yourself with a lawnmower in your logo. You have to have your logo a long time. Cut 2 the Quick is a long company when it is not descriptive of anything. Cut 2 the Quick by itself says nothing away from the lawnmower in your logo. For me... long term.. too cutesy. It's better the differentiate yourself with service and a name people recognize or can remember. Long ago we changed our name to my business partner's last name because client's like knowing there is someone there if they need to talk to them. That's why so many companies are last names. But there are so many because it works. I'm not saying you have to use your last name, but I think in the long run, years from now, you may limit yourself with that logo and that name.

allino
04-07-2006, 10:54 PM
i lie it.:)

allino
04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
apparently i no longer have the ability to spell. I meant I LIKE IT.:dizzy:

drsogr
04-08-2006, 08:51 AM
It definitely catches eye. I like the name too. For some reason it reminds me of a radio station?!

walker-talker
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I would drop the sun. Two reasons, it really doesn't do much for the logo and when it comes to printing, cost will be higher with 3-color vs 2-color. If it really added to the logo, it might be cost effective, but I don't think so.

southernlandscapespecial
04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
looks good..very nice design