PDA

View Full Version : First skidsteer demo a no show.

AWJ Services
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Sad too say drove 45 miles to meet the guy too deliver it too the jobsite and he says another salesman took it and that was the only machine they had like it.

I actually called him before I left to meet him at the predetermined time and there was no answer too make sure everything was okay.
Actually he did not tell me about this until about the time we were supposed too meet.
90 miles and 4 hours wasted.

It sure left a sour taste in my mouth for this John Deere dealer.

Hopefully things will get better.:)

Zane Bates

thepawnshop
03-27-2006, 11:19 PM
AWJ, every manufacturer makes good machines. Some have a few more bells and whistles than others, but basically they all do what they were designed for. I think what you need to find is the best dealer instead of the best machine. I know there are some that think dealer support isn't that important, but I can tell you it is!

Take my situation...good dealer support allows me loaner machines when mine is down, demos before every purchase and on occasion, reduced rents on bigger machine for bigger jobs. Fortunately for me, my great dealer is a JD dealer, but as I have said before...if these guys sold an off brand I would still be buying from them..they care that much about their customers.

Mam, I'm sorry about your demo but if it is any help, let me share my first encounter with my JD dealership. I stopped by their office and told them I was in the market for a skidsteer. Chatted for a while and left. Called teh Cat dealer and he had a demo out there within a couple of days...JD was nowhere to be seen. Right before I pulled the trigger, the JD sales guy showed up...had a machine to me the next day and I loved it. Ever since, I have never had to call twice for anything. Even if I have a simple blown hose, he brings me one. Sets up service for me and when I ask for a demo, it is there ASAP.

What I guess I am saying is that though things started on shaky ground for me with my JD dealer, it has been nothing but smooth sailing ever since. Give him another shot...ONE MORE SHOT. If he drops the ball, then that is a dealership that does not want nor do they deserve your business.

Craftybigdog
03-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Take a look at Bobcat!

AWJ Services
03-28-2006, 08:17 AM
As far as dealer size in Atlanta

1. Yancey Brothers -Cat
2. Metrac - John Deere (the ofending Dealer)
3. TEC - Komatsu
4. Bobcat

I have been assured by the Bobcat people of there support but there customers sing a different tune.(corporate store)

The salesman at John Deere calls me and leaves a message too call him back for a reshcedule and I do and get his voicemail and no return call yet?
Even though they are really big and can suport there customer should I expect better service after the sell than before?

My needs are simply a machine that will lift 3000 pounds and have tracks and CHA.

John deere around 41 k
Takeuchi around 45 k
Bobcat Way too much. 50k

Sad too say I am down too 2 machines based on Support.JD and Cat

1 machine because of quality and price.Takeuchi

I my be overreacting about the situation who knows.

The JD looks good on paper thats for sure.

I wish more slales people would spend less time talking and more time doing.:drinkup:

neversatisfiedj
03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Demo'ed a CAT yesterday. Will never drive a Bobcat again ! Pick it up Friday. '04 232

UNISCAPER
03-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Sale people doing no shows are every indication that if and or when your machine needs service they will do the same. I'm pretty spoiled, any time I have ever needed Caterpillar service it takes about an hour and they are there. Though I don't expect anyone to be at my beck and call in an hour, I find it unacceptable for ANYONE regardless of brand to wait over 24 hours. Average wait times in San Diego are, Miramar Bobcat, 3 1/2 days. Pauley Equipment (New Holland Kubota) 5 days. E-Z Equipment (Deere) 5 days. Midland equipment (Komatsu) 6 days. You don't even want to ask how long it took for the one and only Komatsu dozer we ever owned to be repaired, over and over again.....

These morons don't seem to understand that when my equipment sits, I can't bill the time they are waiting for the rimple dimp mechanics to do their jobs so I can make the money it takes to make my payments.

So, if you have a no show salesman, guess what it is going to be like after the sale....Machinery is only as good as the support it has once the sale has been made. In 7 countries and 15 states any time we ever needed CAT to be there, they were. They understand that idle machines means stagnant cash flow. There are no other manufacturers that I have seen that do as good of a job. None. And that is 75% of how we determine what machines we buy.

Gravel Rat
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
You guys must be abusing the crap out of your equipment if you need it repaired all the time. Even the rental Bobcat skid steer and excavators rented at the local rental place only need very minor repairs couple times a year. The rental machines have been rolled over and well abused.

The simple problems you don't need a dealer to come and fix it a good heavy duty mechanic can repair 99% of the problems. Our dealers are well over 4 hours away we don't need them we have local mechanics that have a ton of experience that can do the work for less money.

Like I said do the repairs yourself you will save 200 dollars or more.

I would be a little P/Oed if I drove all that way and the dealer doesn't show up with the machine to demo. The Deere dealer in B.C. isn't like that here in the lower corner of B.C. .

Personally I don't like the way the lift arms are on the Deere skid steers there is too much linkage and pivot points to wear out and get sloppy.

Tigerotor77W
03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
AWJ, what about the Case 445 or NH C190? I know I'm not normally a big fan of either, but maybe the big players (especially Bobcat... what is with that price? Digdeep?) need another name in the game to show that you mean business.

iowacatman
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
I wish more slales people would spend less time talking and more time doing.:drinkup:

Amen to that brother (pass me one of those):drinkup:

Squizzy246B
03-28-2006, 05:00 PM

ROFL:laugh:

AWJ Services
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
He did not call all day today either.
This guy must really not care.
I have the money too buy it now.

AWJ, what about the Case 445 or NH C190? I know I'm not normally a big fan of either, but maybe the big players (especially Bobcat... what is with that price? Digdeep?) need another name in the game to show that you mean business.

I will look into them also.

I really am not pressed for the unit.I am trying to make an educated choice.
I have time so it will not be an impulse sale.

qps
03-28-2006, 06:42 PM

You're going to love this one...cat can't deliver the new c304cr with angle blade until July or Aug. my cat dealer is willing to let me use a loaner on an as needed basis for free if I'll wait for the mini.....gotta love dealer support:clapping:

thepawnshop
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
I would suggest that if you DO NOT buy from this schmuck, that you not only tell him why you made that decision, but that you send an email to Deere...may not get you anything, but they need to know what kind of dealer support is being offered to us little guys. Plus, venting may help you feel a bit better. On the flip-side of the coin, this guy may have a legitimate reason for dropping the ball, though that should no tbe any concern of yours.

Personally, I absolutly LOVE the Deere tracked machine, but as I have said before, they will all do a good job. Go with the guy that acts like he wants your money. Hell, leave this guy a hard nosed message and if he drops the ball, drop him.

thepawnshop
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
cat can't deliver the new c304cr with angle blade until July or Aug.

So does that REALLY mean October/November? It is awsesome that they are going to provide you with loaners. Hell, he's practically GIVING you the machine as it is!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck, Tim!

UNISCAPER
03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I have a friend that had a huge LCO in Delaware until he sold it. He lovoed his Deere equipment. Loved it so much he had hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in it. Repeat break downs and lack of dealer support caused him to call on us as his extended arm of leverage to write Deere. letters and Emails from all over the world informing Deere they are screwing up. It took 3 months, lots of arguing from the dealer and Deere themselves, but Deere finally caved in and bought back every piece of equipment from him. It then took a few months to get the check.

It never should have gone that far to begin with but it was good to see they stepped up to the plate. I seriously doubt they would have until we all wrote in.

AWJ Services
03-30-2006, 06:31 AM
I called another Metracs branch and ended up with the Sales Managers name .
I talked too him yesterday and spoke with him breifly and explained what happened.
I will see were it leads.
I feel more like Uniscaper in that I should just move too another manufacturer but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

qps
03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
So does that REALLY mean October/November? It is awsesome that they are going to provide you with loaners. Hell, he's practically GIVING you the machine as it is!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck, Tim!

salesman is riding with Cat rep this week for sales calls, he said July,Aug. is the delivery window, could be bumped up a month if rep pushes. angle blade is only hold up, but what's the use of ordering one if you can't get what you want???

Tigerotor77W
03-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Ooops, I meant to say I'm not a big fan of NH skids generally, but I think the Cases are fine. My mistake.

crab
04-02-2006, 08:56 PM
crab
be patient.deere salespeople are the worst.ive had a 260 since 2000 ,and its the best purchase ive made .the service has been exceptional,and in in 2000+hrs have have only very minor problems .i know many many many people with bobcats who paid more ,get awful [and very expensive]service.not to mention that there machines will not even come close to the power of the deere.