PDA

View Full Version : Slow Server?

LoneStarLawn
05-02-2001, 05:18 PM
Is it just me or is the hosting server for lawnsite really bad. Ever since the move to the new server there have been slow connections and sometimes the site is totally down. (I am on a cable modem so I dont think its my connection, plus everything else that I look at on the web, with exception of msn sometimes, comes up with no problems. Well no matter what a server can or cannot do it is still a great website.

KirbysLawn
05-03-2001, 11:24 PM
VERY slooowwwww today. With cable modem taking 1-2 minutes sometimes to load pages or replys. Other site seem to work fine.

Ray

JordanGadd
05-06-2001, 12:23 PM
I don't know what the normal load time for pages are at this board (before the server change) but for an active vBulletin message board like this one, the pages are loading pretty quickly for me today on DSL. :)

thelawnguy
05-06-2001, 02:53 PM
With my dialup account, its always the smilies and other gif images that take the longest to load or, more specifically, even to respond (according to the info at the bottom of my browser).

JordanGadd
05-06-2001, 06:12 PM
That's would make perfect sense though. This site sees so much traffic, think of all the people viewing a page at once with each page "calling" the server asking for smile.gif (ex.). This server seems to be holding up pretty well for all the traffic it sees though.

Highpoint
05-06-2001, 06:19 PM
Cable modem, loading same as usual, fairly quick.

JordanGadd
05-06-2001, 06:43 PM
Yep, this place is very speedy for me! :D

LoneStarLawn
05-07-2001, 11:06 PM
It's not everyday guys..there are a few days when it is slow...