PDA

View Full Version : Is The LLC A Good Way To Go

johngreen
03-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Is the llc a good wayto become incorpated? How much does this cost?If you are not incorpated what are you? Either way do you just pay taxes once a year? Are services taxed in all states or just mine? Thanks for your help.

Brianslawn
03-28-2006, 03:45 AM
llc is only way to go imo. just a couple hundred a year i think. check with your secretary of state. you can probably apply online. might want to have lawyer assist you a bit.

commonman
03-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi,
A couple of years ago we formed an LLC because there were two of us. If you are a single proprietor I still suggest the "S" corporation. You reeive all the liability protection of a "C" corp and all the financial savings of an individual taxpayer. All you need is an IRS Form 2553 and you can fill it out yourself, no lawyers. Your only cost would be what the Secretary of State charges you.

gce_ent
03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Is the llc a good wayto become incorpated? How much does this cost?If you are not incorpated what are you? Either way do you just pay taxes once a year? Are services taxed in all states or just mine? Thanks for your help.

No. An LLC is Organized not Incorporated. There is a difference. Most states charge a Franchise Tax if they do not have Income Tax so either way you will pay something.