PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trucks dual use for maint & other

Ollie3
03-28-2006, 11:53 AM
:confused: How many of you guys pull your lawn maint trailer with your dump truck? Or do you specifically use your dump for hardscaping. I'm looking at one and I plan on branching out, but I'll be pulling an 8x18 enclosed. Is this a bad idea. I'm going to buy an Isuzu NPR with a 12' dump body and the sides fold down. I know the bed is long but oh well. I'm looking for honest opinions. Fire away. :waving:

Ollie

janb
03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
the Isuzu likely is underpowered for any towing, and heavy materials.

The dump mech adds enough weight to limit cargo.

Be sure to check on insurance, as "dump" trucks are really high. 'flatbeds with hoists', less $$

jb

qualitylawnmanagement
03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
U dump truck is a good Idea for maintenance, I plan to do the same thing for my traveling crew. I just really never liked the npr cause you only can use it for lawn mowing. Can tow anything. There is only one guy in my area who uses npr, but he has a pick up to to do snow-removal, mulch, and other stuff.

Ollie3
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
That's what I thought about the NPR. I was looking a low mil chev 3500 and I was going to make it into a dump is this a good idea. I just want to use it for mulch and some top soil? I knew the NPR was underpowered, so I guess I'll keep looking. I want to find something in the 28-30k range with a capacity of about four yards. The hunt is on.

Ollie.

Jpocket
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
A dump is fine for whatever you want to do. All last summer we pulled the mowers with my GMC dump. It's just like a dually pickup w/ a different body.
Heck my dump truck only dumps daily from March to May.